Jaguar Derby Event - Saturday 25th January

Club Meetings and Events
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I got an invite but appears anyone can register to go. Links below. I will be there from 1pm for free drinks and pizza!
Just wondered if anyone else was going - just so to hi as it seems likes ages since my last museum visit and that breakfast meet at Toby Carvery. I still haven't made it to C&M!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the New Inchcape Derby
Our brand new Jaguar Land Rover showroom, which has relocated to 20 Chequers Road, Derby DE21 6EL, brings you a retail experience like no other and it’s time to give it a spin. This bright new space is now open. Very open in fact.

DATE: Saturday 25 January 2020
TIME: 10:00-16:00
Fun for all the family. Discover our state-of-the art facilities; enter our Remote Control Vehicle Challenge for drivers and non-drivers alike and children are invited to have their face painted. Refreshments include hand-made pizzas from a wood-fired oven in a converted Land Rover Defender. The weekend event is supported by the new ownership of Bowler - a local company delivering high quality vehicles and innovative engineering solutions with an unrivalled spirit.

You need to register
https://www.inchcape.co.uk/Jaguar/Derby-Event/
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Probably not so exclusive. Test drove an Evoque April 18 before ended up purchasing elsewhere. Clearly scraping the barrel for invites
From memory this was the planned move to bringing Jag and LR into single premises
Will go but don’t know when as Derby is only 20 miles away and I have to go there next weekend
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 am Probably not so exclusive. Test drove an Evoque April 18 before ended up purchasing elsewhere. Clearly scraping the barrel for invites
Wow. I was only seeing if anyone was going. The registration is so they have enough food and drinks and physical space like all places that hold open days. Also not advertising as I don't work there lol.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Not sure if you misunderstood me. I’m not criticising you in any way an apologise if it appears that way, but this is just pretty standard dealer stuff.
Create an event with a few balloons and a pizza van, have 200 or so people register and then start calling them if they don’t attend and sell to them if they do. Next Thursday is another ‘event’ at the same place
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

simpleR wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:02 am I got an invite but appears anyone can register to go. Links below. I will be there from 1pm for free drinks and pizza!
Just wondered if anyone else was going - just so to hi as it seems likes ages since my last museum visit and that breakfast meet at Toby Carvery. I still haven't made it to C&M!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the New Inchcape Derby
Our brand new Jaguar Land Rover showroom, which has relocated to 20 Chequers Road, Derby DE21 6EL, brings you a retail experience like no other and it’s time to give it a spin. This bright new space is now open. Very open in fact.

DATE: Saturday 25 January 2020

TIME: 10:00-16:00
Fun for all the family. Discover our state-of-the art facilities; enter our Remote Control Vehicle Challenge for drivers and non-drivers alike and children are invited to have their face painted. Refreshments include hand-made pizzas from a wood-fired oven in a converted Land Rover Defender. The weekend event is supported by the new ownership of Bowler - a local company delivering high quality vehicles and innovative engineering solutions with an unrivalled spirit.

You need to register
https://www.inchcape.co.uk/Jaguar/Derby-Event/
Received a personalised postal invitation this morning. Must be REALLY scraping the barrel inviting Nottingham Chavs 😄

Stratstone Nottingham have also just opened a new showroom, joining forces with Land Rover. Popped in last week to enquire about servicing. The new showroom isn’t big enough to accommodate sales & servicing so will be carried out elsewhere. Nice place though, was only in there 5 minutes, in scruffy plumbing workwear, trainers & they asked if I wanted to test drive anything, coffee etc. Very nice experience.

Anyway I might pop along to Derby next Saturday so see you there 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Managed to drop in for an hour on Saturday. Real nice dealership in the new mould of joint dealerships.
Couple of cars caught my eye and a free slice of pizza is always a bonus :D
Perhaps it could be my JLR dealer as at least it has Jaguars unlike Birmingham that displays only LR.

D0513A09-3F63-4CE3-994A-04450B2FA1A4.jpeg

47B1EB6F-C618-441E-B002-0B3CC9C3092E.jpeg

36FEEE5D-E5F2-4B38-B77F-F5A408D3C782.jpeg

BBB7433A-9DCA-42F5-90E3-DB3BAA9ED11D.jpeg

2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post