Arundel Castle 8th August 2021

Club Meetings and Events
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The annual Sunday gathering of Jags is back at Arundel this August.

The castle and gardens are worth a visit on to their own, making this an event suitable for even non car fans 😉. Plus plenty of antique shops, the river, boating lake......the list goes on. Best of all is the VIP parking inside the castle right at the heart of Arundel for £10 pp.

https://jec.org.uk/regions/events/west- ... del-castle.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Hi Mickjaguar, thanks for posting this event. One question is do you have to be a member of the JEC to gain entry?.
We live only twelve miles from Arundel, and we visit fairly often, to walk along to the lake or have lunch in the town. I’ve only been inside the castle on a school visit many moons ago, so it would be a real treat to park up in the grounds and look at the other Jaguar’s and the grounds etc👍
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

No membership required. Just turn up and pay £10 cash on the gate (near the river). This gives you access to the cafe and grounds, the castle is extra.

Great way to park in Arundel on a sunny day when everyone else is going around in circles hunting for a parking space.
Cats

Post by Cats »

Anyone going to this? I notice that Arundel site says it's classic Jaguars but there are moderns in the photos.
I know all Jaguars are classic but I don't want to be turned around on the gate with a non aged variety 😜
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

As long as it's not chucking it down I plan on going.

For the previous 5 years it has been open to all Jags. There will be everything there, including a smattering of e pace, f pace, I pace from what I've seen in previous years. Loads of XKs usually. Although the F type contingent is growing.

Pay with cash on the gate.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Been there before in our F... Lovely day out.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:31 pm
Pay with cash on the gate.
I've just read the JEC page again. It says pay by card on the gate (not cash) due to Covid, this year.

A couple of years ago we sat on a bench, inside the castle grounds, next to a couple who started the conversation about "those modern cars not being proper Jags horrid noisy things"🤣.

So I'm sure there are people who would prefer to only let classic cars in! In the unlikely event of that being the situation, we could just have our own impromptu meet somewhere else........ like here.

IMG_20210722_140626.jpg

Cats

Post by Cats »

Sounds like a plan 😄, love that colour
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post