swiss tour 2016

Club Meetings and Events
steveh

Post by steveh »

Holidays are already planned for this year but we are planning a European trip in September next year.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.

PaulFrancis

Post by PaulFrancis »

Can I suggest a tour in the Jura around St Cergue area ? I propose Monday at 18h30 meeting in front of the Nyon railway station ?
PaulFrancis

Post by PaulFrancis »

Monday 6th June
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Im a bit thrown by the petrolrioting im seeing on the news....debating a route change - media nonsense or actual possible problem paul?
PaulFrancis

Post by PaulFrancis »

No real problem except that fuel is an issue as the CGT Union is strong among the Lorry drivers. So fill the tank and use the motorways or go via Strasbourg. Everything may be back to normal in a few days
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

As Im driving from Monza for just the day, Geneva is a bit of a push for me Paul.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Im a bit thrown by the petrolrioting im seeing on the news....debating a route change - media nonsense or actual possible problem paul?

I live in France and fuel is definitely an issue. Media is underplaying it if anything.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Okay, new route plan needed....will take a look, i can come down through germany instead and still hit geneva on the same schedule i think, then see how comfortable we feel on fuel situation and thus either mountain passes to bourg, or run along the lake on the south side and down the swiss roads to italy (aosta), thus still getting in range of joe?
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Today the situation is apparently easing. Many refineries have been 'unblocked'. Personally i would plan alternatives through Belgium and Germany, however wait until next week as it could well be business as usual.

I'm due to ride (motorbike) to the north coast of France mid week next week and have similar if worse problems as the bike has a 120 mile range! I'm planning to decide on Tuesday.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Just to let you know Jess that I can be around the Mont Blanc tunnel area for around 10am, in time to meet up maybe, depending on your schedule, and have elevensesSmile
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post