swiss tour 2016

Club Meetings and Events
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Yes, bit of a tight squeeze but well worth it for the fabulous views, thanks paul francis!!
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Well done fellas! Always difficult to organise these things, but good fun when you have such a car in common. Mildly jealous now!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

My first ever meet and drive with another F-Type and what can I say...CensoredAWESOME!!! After ajbh and I left paul francis at Lausanne Sunday late afternoon we unleashed the big cats on the way to Thonon, we were warming up for what was to come the day after. OH MY GOD!!!! Driving, blasting better said, with another F-Type in front or behind me was sheer awesomeness and what an adrenaline rush! We had so much fun driving from Thonon to Chamonix and over the San Bernardino Pass! I had big fat smiles not just from the noise that my Jaaag was producing but also from ajbh's F. We had found some absolute fantastic roads to open up the Fs, my favourite has got to be said is the road from Thonon-Les-Bains to Morzine the D902, fabulous swooping bends and some nice long straights with spectacular surroundings going through mountain ravines. Its a must fellow F-Typers, if you ever around that area. After Morzine we proceeded to Martigny and there was another great road that is a must, Route de la Forclaz, loved driving that road.
We then drove on through the San Bernardino Pass, not the tunnel, and...disappointed with the drive really but the dramatic scenery made up for it. Personally, its not cracked up to be what a lot of people say about it but I guess if you had a smaller sports car like a Lotus Elise or a biker you'll have some fun. Anyways I parted with ajbh and partner at Aosta and headed back to Monza. Big thanks to ajbh for planning out the routes which I thoroughly enjoyed, and great driving from her partner, certainly not shy in giving the F some welly, just as I like it.Smile
Here are some pics from the San Bernardino Pass

Joemax2016-06-07 09:31:53
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

:) Malc claims he just likes the noise! As joe says was an amazing day, that first run up towards morzine still one of the best roads we've found. Great shots Joe - cant believe you got photos in the vinyard/village route, sooooo narrrrrooooowwwww!

Petit bernard pass today back over to france and then the roseland pass from bourg st maurice to megeve, absolutely beautiful weather again and fabulous roads. Highly recommended - will post a couple of pics shortly. Jessajbh2016-06-07 21:49:05
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Time for a quick ski?

The open road - petit st bernard pass

Amazing views
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Have a great time guys with the rest of your tour and let us know of any particular roads that you think are worthy for us F-types, Im sure you will encounter a few on your way.
Regards to you and Malc.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Time for a quick ski?

The open road - petit st bernard pass

Amazing views

WOW! That last picture, what a stunning view. So glad for you and Malc that the weather is looking fabulous.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Just caught up with this thread....You've gone and done it already!
Excellent stuff. Well done folks and thanks for posting.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

great post - thanks v much - I'm certainly going to get organised this year and find some roads to stretch the f types legs a little

you guys mustve had a wonderful time - just looks like an amazing place to drive
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Give us a shout if you do plan to come over around this area, its a playground for the F-Type! If Im available Ill come and join you as the drive from Monza is not that long for me.Smile

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post