2014 V8 R AWD?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:53 pm I wonder if I can reverse the search on the gov data and instead of looking up reg and vin to get an engine code, lookup the engine code and get a reg...... that should indicate which car the engine came from if it wasn't supplied by Jaguar. I'll have a look.
No luck, engine number is not searchable field in gov dataset. The only primary fields which are searchable are vrn (reg) and vin.
I've put in a request for information however that requires a vrn but have requested information anyway.

The only other option is ask Jaguar Customer Care team.

Or find all previous V8 write offs on 14 and 64 plates with vrn and lookup them up.

Whilst searching I did find two black R's which have had replacement engines outside of Jaguar main dealer from previous eBay sales from private garages.

The 508PS is V8 engine but that end code is for all V8 varients and outputs across the JLR model range.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

r0bzzz97

Post by r0bzzz97 »

Thanks everyone for your input. In the end I decided it wasn't worth spending close to £40k when the engine serial numbers were dodgy so I've gone with a very nicely specced 2015 R AWD Coupe with around 35k miles. Extremely happy, will be picking it up this weekend. All the best!
Kluberboy

Post by Kluberboy »

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post