F-Type S Options

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
mokster

Post by mokster »

Hi all,

Firstly, just want to say this is a great forum! There are a lot of good knowledge shared.

I am looking to order soon and currently in the stage of looking at options. So far, I have got down:

Visibility Pack
Parking Pack
Memory Seat Pack
Panoramic Roof
Performance Seats
Dual-Zone Climate Control
Meridian 380W

Are there any other I should consider? Or are there anything I should not consider? What's the view on the Meridian sound system? I am not a big music person but do like to turn the volume up from time to time.

Thank you very much.

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I have the standard music system in my S - very good! Not disappointed with it at all

I wish I had known that I needed the Memory seat pack in order to get auto-dip on my wing mirrors when selecting reverse but I opted out of that since I'm the only one that drives my car!

Loving the pano roof on mine and the parking pack is a MUST.
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Seconding what Sammy said:

Packing pack is a must! the visibility when maneuvering the F is next to none. Panoramic roof is a great addition, so pleased mine has it.
The performance seats are great at holding you in, but loose out on a bit of comfort compared to the standard, so depends what you will be mainly using the car for (plus they look badass).
The standard sound system is good enough for me, but to be honest don't have it on most the time... just soak up the noise! Big smile

The black pack, imo, is a must... but I'm not a fan of chrome on modern cars (ducks for cover...)

And the Switchable Active Exhaust is definitely worth the extra 500 squids... the non switchable will roar into life after 4k revs, but the option to switch it on and off is great, and plus you can then make a shed load of noise round town.

Other than that you've got a nice looking list.
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

Music systems are obviously quite subjective but I think the consensus is that none of the offerings on the F Type are brilliant (probably as much to do with the acoustics of the cabin as anything else)-I also went for the 380w Meridien and think it was the right choice- not brilliant but many prefer to listen to the addictive exhaust soundtrack instead anyway.

I regret not getting the active exhaust button (on the basis that in Dynamic mode it is on anyway), might be a resale issue. Couldn't understand the point of dual climate controls in such a small cabin. I don't find the adaptive headlights that great but the auto high beam (also part of the visibility pack) is brilliant if you do a lot of out of town night driving. I also didn't go for the panoramic roof and have not regretted it so far, personally think it looks better without.

Heated seats might be worth considering, like them and the heated steering wheel a lot.

Anyway, have fun choosing mokster, you'll end up with an awesome car whatever you choose!
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

I wouldnt bother with the stereo, i have standard which is fine and folks seem underwhelmed with the upgrades. Personally the visibility pack not required. I do like the heated seats we have. Def parking camera, pano roof and memory seats. Jess
mokster

Post by mokster »

Thank you very much, all!

It's good to see most people have very similar view on options. :)

Looking at the Jaguar website, it mentions that the Meridian 770W comes with Navigation System (HDD). Does anyone know what this is? How is that different to the standard navigation system?

Thanks

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

I have the standard music system in my S - very good! Not disappointed with it at all

I wish I had known that I needed the Memory seat pack in order to get auto-dip on my wing mirrors when selecting reverse but I opted out of that since I'm the only one that drives my car!

Loving the pano roof on mine and the parking pack is a MUST.

Totally agree with Sammy, the standard music system is good and wished that I had the dipping side mirrors for parking.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Try having a bit of a search on here mokster - I have an odd feeling that the top stereo comes with the old nav system for a compatibility reason. It definitely got discussed.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

switchable exhaust, parking sensors and pano roof would be my options of choice - all else good but could manage without
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
mokster

Post by mokster »

I think active exhaust is a standard on the S model. Can anyone confirm?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post