clear sharp scratches on F-type windows

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
gm13

Post by gm13 »

I have a two year old F-type coupe, bought new. Over the past two months I have noticed some clear sharp scratches developing on the windows. First they appeared on the passenger's side. Now they are appearing on the driver's side as well. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any advice will be welcomed. Thanks.
Mamood.

Arne

Post by Arne »

Yoy might find some more information in this thread:
This is a well known issue and should be covered by warranty. I had the problem my self, and it was no question about this at the dealer. The seals needs to be replaced (both sides) and also the windows, if both are scratched.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

I had the problem from day one. Mine is two years old now and steadily it's got worse over the time.

The dealer has had a look at mine and they have agreed to replace the seals and windows under warranty. Should be done in about two weeks.

Go to your dealer as pointed out it is a known issue and they are replacing them.

Good luck!

gm13

Post by gm13 »

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. Apparently my local dealer is not aware of this problem and they are seeking advice from Jaguar UK.
Many thanks.
gm13

Post by gm13 »

Hi Arne,
I do appreciate your reply. Apparently my local dealer is not aware of this problem and they are seeking advice from Jaguar UK.
Thank you.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Hi Arne,
I do appreciate your reply. Apparently my local dealer is not aware of this problem and they are seeking advice from Jaguar UK.
Thank you.

Which dealer out of interest? I see you're in south London, as am I so was curious.

Tell them to look for bulletin JTB00502 on the system, should all be done under warranty including better design of window seals.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post