Manual Folding Door Mirriors

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Fidgety

Post by Fidgety »

I have just purchased a 2016 V6 S Coupe, only when I collected the car did I find out that the door mirrors were not powered but manual, how can this be with such an expensive car? my wife's Kia has powered mirrors.
My question is which way do the mirrors move? I have tried to push them but met a lot of resistance, I stopped as I did not want to cause damage, also can powered mirrors be reto fitted?

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Rotate the outer edge backwards.

For the amount of actual retraction of the mirror housing, I would say that it's not worth folding them back, most of the time.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Fidgety

Post by Fidgety »

Thanks Jagster
I will give it a go tonight
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Your welcome.

I experienced the same sort of disappointment when I discovered that mine were not powered, but I realised once I had folded them back, it didn't really make the car any narrower.
It might however make a difference if you are squeezing into a tight garage doorway I suppose.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Mine are powered; and to be honest it's a little pointless - the difference is hardly worth while. The only thing I like it for is that it confirms it's locked - which helps my "did I lock it?" OCD paranoia!

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Mine are powered; and to be honest it's a little pointless - the difference is hardly worth while.  The only thing I like it for is that it confirms it's locked - which helps my "did I lock it?" OCD paranoia!

Me too! Plus I have the deadlock beep switched on. Double paranoia for me! Especially as I can check the app too!

I like the power fold mirrors as it just feels like a nice feature and agree they should be standard. However, our main reason for adding them was for the auto dim rather than the folding capability. Love auto dimming mirrors!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
PaulFrancis

Post by PaulFrancis »

Folding mirrors only come if you choose the memory option for the seats .... which many sales men were not aware in the early days....
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

Not quite PaulFrancis, I don't have memory seats but specced the folding mirrors option to get the autodimming as i do a lot of night driving- worth it for that but probably not for the folding.

I would have thought they could be retrofitted if the wiring is in there, would probably have to buy the whole wing mirror assembly to get the motors however and that sounds expensive.
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Agree with Yousif. I don't have memory seats but I do have power folding mirrors.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Agree with Yousif. I don't have memory seats but I do have power folding mirrors.

Same here
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post