F type facelift

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Lawsoc

Post by Lawsoc »

Hi when is next facelift due on F type ? As considered buying one but if a facelift is due next year I would hold off till then Claire

GNG

Post by GNG »

Not all face lifts are good. Hyundai coupe?! Subaru Imprezza?! Leslie Ash?!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Not all face lifts are good. Hyundai coupe?! Subaru Imprezza?! Leslie Ash?!

Lol - especially the last one.

I don't think it will change much. Rear bumper has been talked about and i think it will get LED lights and incontrol pro.

Frankly older ones might go up in price given the issues with incontrol pro on FPaces. I wouldn't touch it yet.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

There will always be face lifts every couple of years. It's a sales gimmick to make people dissatisfied with the model they've got!
PaulFrancis

Post by PaulFrancis »

Well the face lift has arrived.... bof. I must say that with the new front is inline with Project 7 and SVR.... but somehow the SVR becomes less unique... furthermore I love the double partition on the air intake so I hope the value of my F Type will go up.

I saw à Project 7 being sold at a price above the new purchase price 😃
Tel

Post by Tel »

Draw your own conclusions....bt for me, the original sharks grill looks the best. The new R design is borrowed form Porsche and the SVR looks very Nissan GTR 'esque.

Tel2017-01-17 19:54:15
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Totally agree - the new design spoils the front in my opinion. Glad I have the shark gill front end on mine.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
Arne

Post by Arne »

Just for comparison. Here is the 2015 R front:

Arne2017-01-17 21:49:25
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
captainham

Post by captainham »

Yep, original is best for me, but of the new bunch, I actually prefer the base one.

And looking at the fact you're forced to have design packs on some of them, I'm definitely happy with my 2016 model and the choice I had when speccing that.

And no Italian Racing Red?! The fools!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Interesting comments on the frontal 'facelift'.
It poses the question, what if it had been the other way round and the latest 2016 front had come out at the initial release back in 2012/13 and the 'original' front had come out now as the facelift?

Personally I still prefer the original. Kind of the same as I prefer the series 1 to the series 2 E Type front.

I'm pretty sure there would have been countless frontal aspects considered during the cars initial design workshops and to me it came out perfect.

But I understand the need to keep updating to encourage people who can afford a new car to make it worthwhile to change.

Having said all that - if Jaguar want to offer me a brand new car in place of my 2014 model, then I'll be round at the dealers first thing in the morning

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post