Jaguar I Pace

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
steveh

Post by steveh »

I you go on to www.autocar.co.uk you will see details of the new all electric I Pace, on sale in 2018. Looks interesting.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.

Arne

Post by Arne »

Not bad at all.
If I was in the marked for an all electric car, the I Pace would be a very strong contender.
Maybe - but hopefully I will stay away from electric cars for some more years to come....
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

This is beginning to look really interesting and surprising that JLR are sharing so much information at this point. Assuming they can replicate or even surpass Tesla performance with a similar sized battery pack the big question will be how they enable charging capacity. Tesla have a real headstart here with their network of free superchargers. If they can compete on charging technology as well as the actual car design I would buy one over a Tesla...
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

And a nice piece on What Car? at http://www.whatcar.com/news/jaguar-i-pace-electric-suv-revealed/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=enews%20bulletins&utm_content=wcar%20enews%20bulletin%20(15.11.2016)::readme2&utm_source=20161115 whihc partly asnswers my question above...
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.
MOz

Post by MOz »

Tesla's superchargers will cease to be free for all new Tesla owners from the end of 2017 I read recently. A new Tesla will come with an amount of Supercharger "credits" which would cover occasional use.

This screws over all those with Model 3 deposits hoping for miles of free national travel.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

a price point of 10-15% above an F-Pace is a bit of an issue if I were a prospective buyer - I'd have to do long and difficult calculations to work out if that was cost effective. But if it had "performance on a par with a rear-wheel-drive Jaguar F-Type R" that sounds intriguing.
Megatron2016-11-15 19:03:58

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
East winger

Post by East winger »

I hope that the power stations are getting ready for the number of electric cars that are coming online in the next few years.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
GNG

Post by GNG »

A rival to the model x it says. Does that mean it will be offered with ludicrously fast mode and a 0-60 time of 2.9 secs... check this out... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7_jUmqnDAIc
steveh

Post by steveh »

Thinking about changing our sensible car next year, was going for another TT but Tesla are in town on Saturday so we have arranged a test drive. Will let you know how we get on.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
MOz

Post by MOz »

I've driven a Tesla P90D and it's phenomenal.

Everything about it was awesome (even the handling from a GT point of view) but it's so expensive.

Really liking the I-Pace concept.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post