Order Pool?!

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
wiggyeddy

Post by wiggyeddy »

Hi all,

Hoping to be 'officially' joining you soon as the very happy owner of a brand new V6S. My only problem is that the dealership won't give me an estimated build date because apparently the order is in a 'pool'.

I'm guessing that means that the factory just hasn't caught up with orders / not yet allocated mine, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this? To be honest the service so far hasn't been the best - was expecting a bit more considering it's a near £70k car. Even just an estimated date would be nice!

Options I've chosen as below. I know there are a lot of posts about specs and it's very personal taste but interested if you think I've missed anything. I chose not to add the black pack as thought the wheels and the roof might make it look a little too gangsta

- V6S Coupe Automatic
- Polaris white
- 19inch Centrifuge gloss black with red calipers
- Pano roof
- Jet interior
- Parking pack
- 3yr service pack

Cheers!

Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

We are all very excited for you.

Service at dealerships is just crap. I have rarely been to one that didn't treat you as if they were doing you a favour.

We're I to buy a brand new car I would do as my wife did and get it from a secondary seller such as Broadspeed. 10% cheaper none of that false friendliness and exactly the same service when you come to pick up the car.

Does the parking pack include rear camera? If not add it on, very useful indeed.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
MOz

Post by MOz »

Welcome.

Personally, I would have spent the extra on 20" wheels.

Otherwise - very nice!
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
wiggyeddy

Post by wiggyeddy »

It does include camera yes - an option chosen due to reading someone's post on here!

Completely agree about the dealership service. I wouldn't normally buy completely new but the numbers seemed to work on what I was looking for. I used a website called carwow to find the best deal and then took it to my local dealership asking them to match it. They did, but weren't happy!

Wonder if that's why my order is now stuck in a 'pool'.....
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

The "pool" is just where your order sits in the system until the build actually commences but they are lying saying they can't give you a date.

We ordered brand new and had the pool explained to us. We were given a date from the jaguar system about a week after the order was submitted but advised it would probably be earlier. Think it was about 14 weeks out.

Then when it moved from the pool to being built (the point after which you can no longer make changes) we got an updated date which was a bit earlier (12 weeks from original order date).

It then arrived a week and a half before that date and we picked it up exactly 11 weeks from the day we ordered it.

Sounds like a nice spec... The wait is a nightmare but at least it'll arrive as the weather improves!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
wiggyeddy

Post by wiggyeddy »

Cheers dezzy and you're right - this waiting game is awful. Beginning to question the spec selected and have completely ran out of YouTube videos to watch. Will just have to stay patient....

My order was submitted on December 5th but still no update despite chasing. I understand that the factory closes over Christmas and so maybe there is a backlog to contend with. At this point though I'm still none the wiser about any date whatsoever.

Presumably the pool is based on orders first come first served? Or is it more complicated than that do you know?
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

As far as I know it is first come first served but I'm sure they do rush some specific orders through for special reasons at times. They must have a process to expedite.

You should demand a date from the dealer. There is definitely an estimated delivery date in the jaguar system. The dealer probably doesn't want to tell you as there's a chance it can change until it goes into build but just tell them you realise it might move and that all you want is an estimate.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It puzzles me as to why some dealers seem incapable of giving realistic indications of delivery times, whilst others can manage it. When we ordered both an F type and an XE, the salesman provided indications of when delivery ought to be, there and then (i.e. early and late within the expected months). Both delivery indications were reasonably accurate, with the F type arriving a couple of weeks early (12 weeks) ,which he had mentioned was possible, and the XE pretty much spot on (24 weeks).

On the positive side, when yours is delivered the weather will have improved and the evenings will be lighter. Just Right!Big smile
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

....Maybe they've run out of right hand steering wheels? Big smile
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
wiggyeddy

Post by wiggyeddy »

Thanks all for the tips.

In the latest twist to my order saga I called up the dealership yesterday to ask how the announcement regarding the updated F-Type may affect my order. They didn't even know about any update or face lift.... Had to talk the sales guy on the phone to go on the Jag website and start building the car. Only when he realised: 'oh sir, your 'S' is no longer available to build' did we have a no s**t Sherlock moment...

Going into the dealership on Saturday to talk about options. I quite like the new R-Dynamic and think better suited for what I'm looking for - other than the front grill which I preferred on the old. No idea whether my S is still on order, will be built, will be replaced by the R-Dynamic, who knows!?

Hopefully the service improves from this point.....