Order Pool?!

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'd find a different dealer........ They make all the difference.

I bought mine from a crap dealer - i'm now using a decent one - takes the worry out of car ownership.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Thanks all for the tips.

In the latest twist to my order saga I called up the dealership yesterday to ask how the announcement regarding the updated F-Type may affect my order. They didn't even know about any update or face lift.... Had to talk the sales guy on the phone to go on the Jag website and start building the car. Only when he realised: 'oh sir, your 'S' is no longer available to build' did we have a no s**t Sherlock moment...

Going into the dealership on Saturday to talk about options. I quite like the new R-Dynamic and think better suited for what I'm looking for - other than the front grill which I preferred on the old. No idea whether my S is still on order, will be built, will be replaced by the R-Dynamic, who knows!?

Hopefully the service improves from this point.....

Instincts are to be relied upon on situations like this, if it feels bad then it will most likely be bad, you will buy a beautiful car with a sour taste in your mouth!

Dealerships are trained in making people trust them to get things right. This is basic 101, if you don't feel they are to be trusted then they have failed their first goal, they are unskilled at their job, walk away.

If you feel you can trust them then great, enjoy your new car, it will be brilliant.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
MOz

Post by MOz »

Did the dealership do you a good deal?

If so, start negotiating an R-Dynamic with the same level of discount and get a 2017 car.

If you want an S specifically and it can be ordered, negotiate a bigger discount as it's now the "old" model.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Was just going to write what MOz wrote ...
Your S is a lovely spec, and with my favourite wheel choice. That said, it looks like one of the new dynamic models has centrifuge as standard ...
Best of luck, look forward to the update

Senninha2017-01-11 17:38:21
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Abergele 380S

Post by Abergele 380S »

I've just done exactly that - Taken a Jaguar stock 380S with a mahussive discount
Jjag

Post by Jjag »

I've just done exactly that - Taken a Jaguar stock 380S with a mahussive discount

I'm intrigued - how massive?
Tel

Post by Tel »

Hi all,
Hoping to be 'officially' joining you soon as the very happy owner of a brand new V6S. My only problem is that the dealership won't give me an estimated build date because apparently the order is in a 'pool'.
Cheers!

Sounds like your dealer is having a rather fun time ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Abergele 380S

Post by Abergele 380S »

12.8% + £1700 stock support + £2500 deposit contribution.
Also got £4K over book for my part exchange, so all in all a very strong deal.
If we assume the part exchange to be the same as being offered by all the other dealers (Jag & Porsche), the discount is just over 24% !!!
basher

Post by basher »

12.8% + £1700 stock support + £2500 deposit contribution.
Also got £4K over book for my part exchange, so all in all a very strong deal.
If we assume the part exchange to be the same as being offered by all the other dealers (Jag & Porsche), the discount is just over 24% !!!

Wow!
I presume this is for a 2017 new model in stock?

They must have been desperate to shift it.

I have my eyes on a 66 plate V6S BDE (used with ~2K miles on the clock) but it's only about 12% cheaper than the new list price. I wonder how much haggling I can do?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Abergele 380S

Post by Abergele 380S »

From what I understand dealers have quite a bit of discount leeway in order to shift existing stock, before they start getting stuck into the new models, i.e.; R Dynamic, etc.
I too looked at 66 plate demonstrators but couldn't get anywhere near the new car deal, probably because the used car PCP APR is higher and there no dealer contribution.
I think it all depends which dealership you go to. I have shopped around the UK for my last 6 cars, as there is always one that is struggling and willing to go the extra half a yard.
That said you have to be prepared to compromise on spec slightly as the stock vehicles don't always meet your own. If not, you really have to spec one from new.

Off to the stealers this afternoon to sign the papers and see the actual vehicle for the first time