Ex-demo car - what discount would be expected?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

Hi. To be honest there not going to drop it 10k they would rather keep it to see if they can get more further down the line and for the spec you want and service pack included it's the cheapest out there give it another year and it might be yours if you can wait that long!!! Cheers

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Are you paying cash or finance?

If it's cash - get a decent finance deal from them and ensure you can pay the balance of the finance off at any time - usually they discount further as they make commission from the finance deal too. Its another negotiating point.

Then pay the finance off as soon as you have the car. Worked for me (and they don't get their commission) :)
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
basher

Post by basher »

@daytona650,
I have to finance it... or rob a bank first! LOL

I have personal finance lined up, but I am aware I can take Jaguar finance first then pay it off early.

@Gillie,
I get your point totally, but the car currently has no discount due to depreciation or the fact it's a demo. The discount on offer matches Carwow quotes from Jan / Feb.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

Hi Kev
From your description of the car, is it the one on autotrader for £69995? If so, just wondered why it has to be that one as there are other bde's starting from £59900.
Guess it must be down to spec ie seats etc?
340 V6 Coupe
IRR, Black pack, 20" black tornadoes
+ lots of extra options
Frp1

Post by Frp1 »

If it the one I have just been looking at is a high spec.

I think the price of the BDE will go up a little more over the next 6 weeks. They have been higher priced ones now then what there was last month. And this time of the year is a bad time of year to sell coupes.
ben Addison

BDE Ultra Blue
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Would it be cheaper for you to buy another colour and then get it wrapped to ultra blue? Just a thought - lots more choice then!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Would it be cheaper for you to buy another colour and then get it wrapped to ultra blue? Just a thought - lots more choice then!

That is an incredibly good idea Clap

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
basher

Post by basher »

Thanks everyone for your ideas / comments. Big smile

Yes, it's the Autotrader one in Carlisle.

It has the super sports seats and flat bottomed steering wheel. None of the other used BDEs I've seen have these. I've test driven cars with and without these, and IMHO they're a must for me.

Another used BDE has become available in Oxfordshire - same price but with different options, and no super sports seats / flat wheel. So maybe the upper end of the £60K bracket is what I'm going to have to spend on my dream car!

I did consider standard V6S's in other colours but the BDE package comes with a bunch of other options that would be hard to find in other used models.

I'll just be patient... for the money I need to spend (and I'm not exactly made of money!!) there's no point compromising on the options I absolutely want.

basher

Post by basher »

Hi Ben,

These are probably stupid questions... Confused
  • Why do you think prices will go up? Surely dealers want to shift old models?
  • Why is now a bad time to buy a coupe?

gsxrm3

Post by gsxrm3 »

You can always change the steering wheel, its not a deal breaker. Thats what I did.
V6S coupe in white, carbon bladed wheels, performance seats finished in red nappa, sports design pack, flat bottom steering wheel, powered tailgate, reverse camera, meridian upgrade.