New Order!

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Hi all,

I've just signed up having placed an order on the 21st of May for my first F-Type! The dealer lent me a 400 Sport for the weekend, and had me hooked! Fortunately, my discount from work combined with what the dealer to dealer were willing to match has meant this has just crept into the "affordable" territory for me, but have had to keep options and spec fairly minimal.

I've ordered a 340 PS V6 RWD auto Coupé, in Caldera red, 19" propeller wheels, active exhaust, front parking sensors, rear camera, folding mirrors and red seatbelts!

Apparently there've been countless issues with the ordering system, so I've still not had any confirmed date other than "August" which is beginning to wear a little thin to be honest. I've been promised for the millionth time that I'll hopefully have a build date tomorrow..

The most exciting this is that as I work for JLR in Engineering, I should be able to go and see my car being built on the line and hopefully fit something to it! Also trying to find someone who can tell me the actual status of my car, as I'm getting nowhere with dealers.

Anyway, very exciting to join the F-Type club :D

Chris
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

in that case ..... we should have lots of pictures, we like pictures :D
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

sorry .... and welcome to the forum :)
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Welcome Chris. Looks like a good solid spec. Well done :)
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Welcome! But also #facepalm that even an employee has customer service concerns :lol: :lol: :lol:
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Welcome Chris - spec sounds great; the active exhaust and the rear view camera are the two things I couldn't live without so I don't think you'll be disappointed (when it eventually arrives) :)

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Thanks everyone, it's not quite the spec I'd go for if I had a little more cash, but if it's F-Type or no F-Type, then there's only one choice ;) I'd have loved the Ultra Blue, but I'm slightly worried about resale of quite a niche colour (not to mention the extra £730..).

I've just been given my build date - 14th of July, with a delivery to the dealer around the 4th of August! Have now asked about how long after delivery do I have to wait for the PDI etc.. before I can collect!

I've been PM'ed by a couple of people about how much discount I was able to get off the car and I'm not able to reply yet (think I must need 10 posts or something). I managed to get 17% off, but that's with a 7% discount direct from JLR and 10% from the dealership. Hope that clarifies things for a few people.
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Welcome on board, good spec and the 340 is a great unit ... mine has the camera but I don't use it as I don't trust them ... just personal preference but it came on the car ... time your visit to the production line well and you can end up with all sorts of 'extra's' .... rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

PDI's can be pretty quick. I think we were told our XE was being delivered on a Thursday and were suprised to be offered collected Saturday. It probably depends on what workload the dealer has at that time.

Well worth seeing yours being built. Mine came with updgraded interior trim, which my dealer says sometimes does happen if the standard part isn't readily available on the line, rather than cause a hold up.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

Welcome Chris,

This is pretty much the same spec as mine, although I also got a few other bits. I still think Caldera looks great and there is a purity about the base model which I like (less electronics, weight.), apart from being more affordable. I have a notion it might be the last combustion engined car I buy, in which case what a car to go out on, since an EV won't provide snap, crackle and pop. Would love to see pics of it on the production line if you are allowed to.
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.