New Order!

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Senninha, I wasn't sure about the camera to be honest, but when I borrowed the 400 Sport for the weekend, I did find it useful and it'll probably slightly help sell the car in a couple of years! It's a nice extra to have anyway.

Mick, here's hoping it'll be a quick turnaround! I order the car in London and work at the main JLR Product Development headquarters in the midlands, so would have to wait until the next weekend if it's not PDI'd over the weekend. Can't wait!

Yousif, I've not yet driven the 340PS, but I'm sure the exhaust note and the red paintwork will make for a very happy customer ;) If it truly is the last ICE car you buy, then I totally agree, what a car to go out on! I've got mine on a two year deal for now, and I don't think I'll be able to have the money for the final payment at the end, so will end up selling it privately and may just order another one with the same deal!!! I'm sure I'll be able to take some pictures, but I've realised my car is being built on a Friday.. Let's hope it doesn't come out as an end of the week lemon..
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

So just a small update, it seems the build date has come forward to going onto the assembly line on the 11th (a week today!) and will be off the line on the 13th. I've suddenly had a meeting put in my calendar in Castle Bromwich on the Wednesday..funny that ;) Means I'll get a chance to track down my car and get some pictures! Very exciting. Hopefully this means the delivery date moves up as the build date has. If it does, it'll make the decision about having it on a 17 or wait until the 1st of September for a 67 plate, a bit more tricky!
200tdi Defender 90
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

So, for anyone who is interested (probably not many haha!), I saw the car on the line on Wednesday last week and gave it a once over. It was on its wheels but was missing doors and the interior trim. Came off the line a couple of hours later and having taken the VIN number I was able to track the faults found on the car during the quality checks using one of the internal systems (including the pain scuff on the fuel filler cap I spotted) to ensure all of them are fixed when I come to pick up the car! And any new ones that may arise..

No earlier date on the delivery than the 4th August which means I can't pick it up until the 11th at the earliest, but I'm now tempted to wait until the 1st of September to get the new **67 plate.. Thoughts?
200tdi Defender 90
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

One thing you can always count on here is finding people that are interested. Tough decision between getting your hands on your new toy straight away or waiting 3 weeks. I'd like to think I could be patient but I'm not so sure. Particulary when you'll be seeing them in the car park every day and thinking 'I've got one of them, but I can't drive it' !

When I went in to sign my papers a few days before collection the dealer asked if I had a personal plate to transfer. I got the impression from this that F Type buyers often had personal plates. If I'd have been prepared, I might have bought a plate having V6 and my three initials for about £400. An option for you to consider maybe? But I still reckon the 67 plate is some extra icing on the cake.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Great to have access to the production line ... I was lucky enough to do this when I purchased my Elise 135 .... As for private plate, you can add this when you like but you'll only get one chance of the 67 plate ... I would wait and take the bonus!
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Fair enough Mick! I think I've come to decide I'll be waiting until the 1st of September (I'm on holiday that week, in West Wittering of all places!) so will sprint back to London on the Friday to pick up the new toy at 9am sharp! It was a tough decision, but I've only got the car for a year anyway, so I figured either way I'll have it for the same amount of time and it'll be worth a little more when I come to sell it this time next year. It is difficult seeing them in the car park every day though, ever since I started working for JLR I thought the coupé was just stunning, never did I think that with the company discount that I'd be able to justify one.

As you say, I suspect a lot of people do get personal plates, but I think at the start of a new registration, the 67 plate will be the icing on the cake. Can't wait to get it! It means the dealer will have the car there for a few weeks and has said I can go and see it before the 1st of September which is great. Tracking the car through the internal systems shows a few extra faults were found with door seals during water test but they've been rectified and it's now with the dispatch team waiting to be shipped. Very exciting times.

Senninha, I wish I could have put some pictures up! Unfortunately, the company prohibits pictures of the production line to external parties which is a big shame. 67 plate it is - 39 sleeps and counting!
200tdi Defender 90
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

It's tomorrow! I'm all booked in to pick up the car at 9am! Will be one of the first 67 plates on the road in my lovely new F Type. Cannot wait! Doubt I'll sleep tonight!
200tdi Defender 90
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Enjoy!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Only one more sleep to go! There's a breakfast club at Gaydon this Saturday, which will have a few members from here attending. Although I can understand it if you wanted to drive somewhere else for a change. The next challenge is the running in period for 1500 miles, which I'm sure you'll get through fairly quickly.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

I'm not sure last night would classify as 'sleep'!
Thanks for the tip, if I wasn't on holiday between London and the South Coast this week and next, I'd be there! Would be great to meet some of you! I'll just have to make sure I come to the next meet in that area. Two hours and I'll have my car 😁
200tdi Defender 90