What spec should I order?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
1stFType

Post by 1stFType »

Hi all,

My first post.

I will make this simple. I have 57-60k to spend, it has to be brand new. What would you buy and how would you spec it? I am torn between V6 340PS auto with black pack, black alloys, parking pack in blue and squared steering wheel / or V6 340PS auto Dynamic R.....but slightly less extras...!

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

J
MY2019, 2.0 Turbo Four R-Dynamic, Fuji White, 20’’ 5 split gloss black finish alloys, black pack, parking pack, carbon fibre roof, yellow calipers.

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

ok ... my spec that I picked

2018 model year F type coupe V6 (340bhp)
Ultra Blue met
19 inch style 1023 wheels (silver brakes)
bright metal foot pedals
Climate pack (heated seats/ windscreen / steering wheel dual climate)
front parking aid
Illuminated jaguar tread plates
power fold heated door mirrors
reversing camera
sunvisors with vanity mirror
switchable active sports exhaust

Then I added power tail gate and LED headlights ... total price £58000 then £5000 discount through carwow (9.2%)

oh ... and another £700 for roadtax 1st purchase .. then £450 per year for the next 4 years .. joke :roll:
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I would personally go with the "base" 340 model and add all the options you want. Makes the car more personal to you. Ours is a 2017MY but this set of options actually comes out cheaper for the new model...

2017MY V6 340
Metallic black paint
Propellor wheels 19 inch
Front parking sensors
Power tailgate
Cruise control
Heated seats
Flat bottom steering wheel
Interior black pack
Performance seats with suede cloth and leather with cirrus stitching
Suede cloth interior pack
Switchable active exhaust
Auto dimming heated power fold door mirrors

Came to £63325 for a 2017MY but I think it works out about £61500 for the equivalent 2018MY because a few things are now standard and the options are cheaper.

We then got a £10k discount thanks to my haggling techniques :-) but even if you get the standard 10% ish discount that'll bring it to your target price range.

But it's all personal choice in the end. A lot of people will tell you "x is a must have option". Listen to advice but do make your own mind up. For example, lots of people think blind spot monitoring and a reversing camera are a must have because the "visibility is poor". I disagree. I think the visibility is actually really good compared to other sports cars I've driven (and a lot better than my van!! Hehe).

Make it your own and forget the whole resale value thing. That's not why you buy a car (generally) so spec what you want, not what a buyer might want in 3 years time if/when you sell it!

D
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
1stFType

Post by 1stFType »

Thanks for the replies. I have noticed that the R Dynamic comes with the 19'' 7013s as standard, however wanting black...do you think you would have to pay the 2k to have them in black or does common sense prevail and you pay the difference in price (which is circa £200).

Agreed as well that I should spec to my taste and not suture resale.

As we are going to one car only, is the parking pack including the parallel parking function worth it (living in London) or is it easy enough with visibility (I.e eyes), sensors and possibly rear camera.

Also, final one....thoughts on interior black pack if you didn't have a sun roof? Too dark?

J
MY2019, 2.0 Turbo Four R-Dynamic, Fuji White, 20’’ 5 split gloss black finish alloys, black pack, parking pack, carbon fibre roof, yellow calipers.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Great post Dezzy ... I agree on the rear camera thought others say couldn't live without it ...

1stFType ... spec YOUR car not the potential next owner ... once you own it and live with it, enjoy it and learn all about it you may not pass it over in which case you'll be wishing you had specced what you want ...

I don't know what the current trim options are ... mine has the light cream full leather and sports seats ... I may not have ordered from new but glad the 1st owner did as they a) look great b) really give the interior a lift over standard black ...

rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

1stFType wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:28 pm
Also, final one....thoughts on interior black pack if you didn't have a sun roof? Too dark?

J
I don't have the panoramic roof but do have the black pack and the roof is fully suede lined. It's a really nice finish and not too dark at all. I still find the cabin perfectly bright enough in daylight and a lot of people comment on how good it looks inside.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Mine's pretty much down to what I considered the minimum spec as must have's for me.

The rear camera is particularly useful when reversing and manoevering as it helps see what other vehicles are doing round you. It can also be handy for oblique junctions where you are filtering in from the right, which can show up the coupe's three quarter visibility limitations when using only the passenger door mirror. Parallel parking is OK using the camera and front and rear sensors, although I do sometimes dip the passenger door mirror to see the kerb (the £2000 option, or whatever it was, for memory seats to get dipping mirrors seemed a bit steep when you can just toggle the switch).

Pano roof is nice, I've never closed the blind. Although, we also have an XE which has a black headlining and I've never though that was too dark inside.

I use the switchable exhaust a lot. I love to hear it rumble when just pootling along, so it only gets turned off on long motorway trips. You could easily live with the basic set up and knock it into dynamic mode to open the exhaust, but the button is probably the best value of the cheap options.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
car

Post by car »

my perfect spec would be

F-TYPE R 5.0 Litre V8 550PS Supercharged Petrol (Automatic) All Wheel Drive
Exterior Colour Yulong White
Wheels 20" 6 Split-Spoke 'Style 6003' with Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish
roof carbon fibre
Brakes and Calipers 380mm front and 376mm rear brakes with Red brake calipers
Fixed Rear Spoiler
Adaptive LED headlights with LED signature Daytime Running Light
Performance seats Pimento/Ebony premium leather facings with Pimento stitch, R embossed headrests and premium leather interior(TP19)
Linear Vee Aluminium centre console with R branding
R Branded leather steering wheel with Silver gearshift paddle
Seatbelts Red
Exterior Carbon Fibre Pack includes
Carbon Bonnet Louvres Carbon Fibre Side Vents Carbon Fibre Door Mirror Caps Gloss Black Side Window Surround Gloss Black Grille Surround Body-Coloured Aerodynamic Splitter Body-Coloured Extended Side Sills
Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory
Heated and cooled front seats

I think that is a good spec any suggestions of what I could add or change are welcome
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

The parallel parking feature probably wont work on london sized spaces? im often parking with both sensors on death screech :) i suspect the software would mutiny. Camera and sensors combo is fine in my experience but i could not do the tight spaces without the camera. Heated seats also good for the uk if its to be your main car. Id def want the pano roof. I wish i had the memory seats personally (hubbie and i both drive it) and if picking again id have contrast belts and stitching, nothing other than camera has proved essential, so enjoy picking what you like! Jess
1stFType

Post by 1stFType »

Jess, thanks for the advice. I will be ordering it in October - so hoping this 1/4 is slightly cheaper for some things. I will probably forego the parking pack and just have sensors and camera. Wheels are causing my a dilemma.....wanting black, what would you ALL go for? J

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post