F-type Acquisition Headache - but almost there!

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Been researching the F-type for a good 2 months now in preparation to purchase. Its been a bit of a minefield in some ways as there is so much to choose from, so many price points, options, colours etc etc.

Was preparing myself to shell out for a brand new 400 sport in black but have had this nagging thing in the back of my head that really prefers the look of the front "shark gill" vents that were there during the MY17 year.

So to cut a long story short I have found a number of well-specified very late model 380BHP S variants lurking around the country. Its seems the standard features of the S were pretty good in the later models which makes it easier to find a suitable one. Having chased a few cars this week and found a cracker I then went through the disappointment of having someone else buy before I got my money on the table! However another one found now thank goodness. Still waiting for a call back from the dealer on the offer but am hopeful I can finally join you guys & girls in the joy of ownership! Wish me luck!

Steve

PS - I've got a MY 17 spec & price list pdf if anyone is interested. Its helped me a ton doing my research on options & prices.
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!

Jagged Wire

Post by Jagged Wire »

I prefer the "shark gills" too. The new look is not my taste. Fingers crossed and pls post pics!
2014 V6S Convertible; Salsa Red, Redzone, Silver Tornado wheels, Performance Seat, Vision Pack, Premium Pack, Extended Leather Pack;
2014 Ford Fiesta ST: Molten Orange, Recaros
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Thanks Jagged

Well after a waste of time & many phone calls dealing with Stratstone Swansea and a complete lack of call backs from other dealers I went out for a drive with my son in the XKR and ended up at Farnell Jaguar Bolton. Didn't expect see anything much and had not even checked beforehand but low and behold a beautiful IRR beast was there waiting for us so we pretty much bought it on the spot! Picking it up later this week but here's a taster pic for now......
/Users/SteveSellick/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/Thumbnails/2017/07/02/20170702-201840/mp+dQ8WBSM6+KSAPH4qIaA/thumb_IMG_3280_1024.jpg
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

IMG_3280.JPG

Now there it is............picking up later this week :)
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

That looks amazing and exactly the spec I am after albeit a used one. What spec is it? Enjoy!
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Arne

Post by Arne »

Nice - congrats!
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Thanks jimbobc

Its a 2017 MY S Coupe, auto, RWD. Has parking pack, back pack, design pack, black tornado alloys, flat bottomed steering wheel. The 2017 S standard spec is pretty good with nice extras like config dynamics & the config ambient lighting. Would have liked some folding mirrors but the car looked so good I just fell in love & bought it!

Steve
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Looks very nice - IRR is a great colour.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Very close to mine, just different Alloys and I have black side skirts- so Im biased and will say its the best spec ;)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Can't do much to improve that. Looks superb.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post