Spec sacrifices, and Project 7 pics

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
AL1

Post by AL1 »

So I've been keeping an eye out for the right used F-Type Coupe for a few months, and so far there always seems to be one key spec feature missing.

I went along to my local dealer last week to talk to them, and the dealer said my required spec was going to be challenging to find. So I'm most likely going to have to compromise on something. I'm booked in for a test drive this week (first time driving an f-type, also first time driving an automatic). Can't wait

Below is a list of what I'd like, in order of importance, are there any of these that people who live with the cars think could be sacrificed fairly easily? Or should I just hold out in hope that the perfect spec will appear in the next few months and not rush in?

Oh and while I was there a Project 7 turned up, so would be rude not to post up pics. It sounded immense!

Reversing camera
Pano roof
Active switch exhaust
Front & rear parking aid
Heated seats
Cruise control (standard)
Side sills or design pack
Grey, white or IRR
Meridian sound system
Black pack

And the Project 7...

IMG_5375.JPG

IMG_5371.JPG

IMG_5368.JPG

IMG_5367.JPG

davidd

Post by davidd »

Is it really that hard to find that spec? At least you have a range of colours.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Grange Welwyn? My F Type is there today but didn't see the Project 7. They have a 16 plate IRR with just 46 miles.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Hi
That looks almost exactly the spec I was looking for but I was on the hunt for the new ingenium engine. Colour shouldn't be an issue and the only reason I didn't take an ex demo was that I wanted the deep grey which is a 'premium' colour. Advantage of the new order was 0%finance was available
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
AL1

Post by AL1 »

jimbobc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 am Grange Welwyn? My F Type is there today but didn't see the Project 7. They have a 16 plate IRR with just 46 miles.
Yep, well spotted!
It was last week that I popped in so Project 7 may have gone back to its owner. There were plenty of Aston martin and mclaren to drool over next door as well.

Saw the IRR online but no pano roof, and is at the top end of my budget so was a no go.

How have you got on with Jaguar Welwyn? They're my closest so will most likely stick with them for servicing even if they don't source my car.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Been pretty impressed. Bought the car in Stockport but Grange have done the warranty work. They are all car enthusiats too which I like. They were awarded a McLaren franchise and are moving to Hatfield business park with a JLR, Aston and McLaren dealer. I took several months to find my spec last Summer but only wanted IRR.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

So your only looking for a 2 litre? I'm suprised there are any used ones about yet.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

re reading your spec I don't think that is hard to find particularly in white or grey. I've seen a fair few white ones with design kit that would likely have that spec although maybe not Meridian. I did find IRR hard to find as at first it was a £1300 option. What engine are you after?
AL1

Post by AL1 »

daytona650 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:11 pm So your only looking for a 2 litre? I'm suprised there are any used ones about yet.
It would help if I'd included the engine type wouldn't it! I'm after an older V6S, a 2014-2016, im not a fan of this trend that's coming about with losing 2 cylinders.

Meridian is at the lower end of my spec requirement, so could lose it if I need to. The heated seats were at the request of the girlfriend, so I have to weigh up how much trouble I'll be in if those aren't available!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

AL1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:32 am
daytona650 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:11 pm So your only looking for a 2 litre? I'm suprised there are any used ones about yet.
It would help if I'd included the engine type wouldn't it! I'm after an older V6S, a 2014-2016, im not a fan of this trend that's coming about with losing 2 cylinders.

Meridian is at the lower end of my spec requirement, so could lose it if I need to. The heated seats were at the request of the girlfriend, so I have to weigh up how much trouble I'll be in if those aren't available!
My wife wouldnt be without heated seats. The performance seats are nice too. In terms of the meridian - i have the middle stereo (380w) and it's fine.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post