New Car Discounts

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi,

I’m a newbie to this site but looking to buy an F-Type but wondering what’s the best way to buy it.

The dealer finance offers a ‘dealer contribution’ of about £3k so if I go that way and then just pay of the finance after a couple of months it will be cheaper than list price.

If I try to buy outright what sort of discount is available from dealers? Carwow seems to offer around 9% but can dealers match that? I’d prefer to buy from a dealer as I think I should get better support with any problems that way - this might not be the case though.

Grateful for any tips or advice, this is a lot of money for me and a once in a lifetime purchase.

Fez

Post by Fez »

If you push hard you will get near 13% off, shop around between dealers (different companies). And the salesman makes around 1500 on the sale so eat into that to. Good luck...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Deleted User 1715

Thanks Fez that is quite a chunk of money and way better than the 'dealer contribution' I was offered. I'll see how I get on!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

8-9% discount was available nearly 3 years ago, so a little more wouldn't be too unrealistic now. Also the 50:50 interest free finance deal could be had on top, if this is still around. Optional extras might have more profit in them than the basic car itself and might influence the discount level.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 1715

They did mention the 50:50 deal but they wouldn’t entertain any discount if I took that option.

Good point about the options though - there must be a huge mark up on some of them, especially some of the paint options.

I’m not in a great hurry as I’m still trying to extend my single garage so it will fit! - is there a better time of year to order? I guess they’ll have targets and maybe later in the year it will open their minds to offer better discounts?
Deux Points

Post by Deux Points »

In mid- July 2015 I went through Carwow and got 10% on a model 16 year V6S coupe with extras (delivered mid-September, some 10 days after build). The dealer, since shut as apparently it didn't fit the new dealer profile, suggested the 50 / 50 0% finance, which I used. When I last looked the 0% finance was something like 35% deposit and 65% three year finance.

I took a call last week from the dealer that now looks after the car to tell me that my contract was coming to an end and what was I going to do. I replied I was going to keep the car because it would all be mine. The salesman thought it was on a different form of finance plan. I was tempted to get quotes for a new one. But didn't as I like the current car, it's done few miles and has the original front bumper design.

As an aside, it's main problem has been erratic A/C performance (not getting sufficiently cold & musty smells coming from the vents on start up in warmer weather). Changing the evaporator failed to fix it last year, but I spotted a Topix bulletin update on erratic A/C performance. This week the compressor electronic control valve was changed, and it does appear better.
Deleted User 1715

It’s good that so many buyers end up keeping the cars - hopefully I’ll be one too!

Hoping that any problems are sorted by now!
NBC fdff

Post by NBC fdff »

Sandpitjock wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:54 pm Hi,

I’m a newbie to this site but looking to buy an F-Type but wondering what’s the best way to buy it.

The dealer finance offers a ‘dealer contribution’ of about £3k so if I go that way and then just pay of the finance after a couple of months it will be cheaper than list price.

If I try to buy outright what sort of discount is available from dealers? Carwow seems to offer around 9% but can dealers match that? I’d prefer to buy from a dealer as I think I should get better support with any problems that way - this might not be the case though.

Grateful for any tips or advice, this is a lot of money for me and a once in a lifetime purchase.
Hi
I did the carwow thing and used that to get a bit more discount locally. Eventually just under 11% all in inc the options. The adds on they will try and sell (eg GAP, tyre and alloy, MDP etc) have huge mark up and eventually got about 50% off those when showing them online comparisons. Preferred to get those via dealership if possible so I had one point of sale.
Interestingly I had to point out the 0% finance deal, they didn't offer it?! Hope that helps.
A
2018 2.0 R Dynamic in Carpathian Grey
Exterior black pack, Pano roof, 20" Gyrodynes and other bits and bobs ....
Deleted User 1715

Hi Abdul,

Thanks, all advice greatly appreciated! I would like to go through an official dealer but getting quotes from carwow etc must help with negotiations.

I've never been convinced by the GAP insurance etc - is it worth it? Anyone had to use it and would recommend it?

Looking to order for next year delivery due to my current job (and bank balance!)
Deux Points

Post by Deux Points »

Just to clarify: I did buy from an official Jaguar dealer, the Jaguar dealer with the best offer that Carwow 'introduced' me too. That dealer (now shut) was 12 miles from home, rather than the closest Jaguar dealer which is 5 miles away.