sport / dynamic ??

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Arne

Post by Arne »

I have yet to see/hear any V8 owners stating that their car has launch control, but I have read many threads in different forums claiming that the V8 do not have it - including several that frequently uses their V8's for quartermile testing.

I have tried with mine with the same result.
Do not confused launch control function with "manually" holding the car with the brake at the same as you apply the throttle...(which is what is done in the previous post video).

With launch control mode engaged, it will be displayed at the screen.

If anyone can show a pic of that function displayed in a V8, I will be the first to admitt I am wrong.

But it's not likely to happen ;)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Arne wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:26 pm I will be the first to admitt I am wrong.But it's not likely to happen ;)
Hi Arne, its not important who's 'correct' or 'wrong' . Did you think of the possibility that manual V8's don't have LC ?

In the posted video, you see exactly the same as with the LC that I have : car in dynamic mode, left foot on the brake,
right foot on the throttle revving to 1500RPM and then release the brake and floor the rigth foot, when the display
says 'launch control active' ...

It's logical you can not hold one foot on the brake and the other on the throttle in a manual as you need a 3rd foot
for the clutch... :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

And my manual (book) says to select either D or S, which aren't available on a manual (transmission).
When I find a suitably quiet straight bit of road I'll give mine a go.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Arne

Post by Arne »

There are no manual V8s either.

I agree it's not important who's right or wrong. What's right is whats important. And that is there are no launch control (or manual) F-type V8.

This subject has come up in different F-type forums every year since 2014, and the result is always the same...
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Arne,

Thanks for the documentation, but i'm not reading through 6 full threads..

Patience is a virtue undervalued.. ... I'll wait untill scm tried his own experiment.. ;)
Arne

Post by Arne »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm Arne,

Thanks for the documentation, but i'm not reading through 6 full threads..

Patience is a virtue undervalued.. ... I'll wait untill scm tried his own experiment.. ;)
Dan,

Reading through posts/threads like that is how you learn more about the F-type ;) And you would learn how the dynamic launch control technically works on the V6, and why it's of no use on the hefty 680Nm torque V8.

Over the 4 years of F-type ownership (and being a long time petrolhead on 2 and 4 wheels), I must have read thousand threads or more about the F-type - and hopefully learned a lot :)

But I am absolutely ready to learn more, so if I am sometimes wrong, I am happy to learn whats right.

However in this case I am unfortunately shure I am right.
scm

Post by scm »

Well, I tried, and when the jury came back - no launch control. Seems all I have to do is floor the brake with the left foot and then swap feet on the floor. Oh, and hang on the steering wheel. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:29 pm Well, I tried, and when the jury came back - no launch control. Seems all I have to do is floor the brake with the left foot and then swap feet on the floor. Oh, and hang on the steering wheel. ;)
Congrats Arne.. .. you are right.. :lol:
Arne

Post by Arne »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 pm
scm wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:29 pm Well, I tried, and when the jury came back - no launch control. Seems all I have to do is floor the brake with the left foot and then swap feet on the floor. Oh, and hang on the steering wheel. ;)
Congrats Arne.. .. you are right.. :lol:
No needs for any congrats. What was needed was sorting out what is facts ;)

That is some of what these forums are for. Learning from each other and sharing experience 🙂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post