Velocity Blue FType

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi everyone,

I’ve been waiting a long time to order my f type as I work abroad but the time is nearly here! I have decided pretty much what spec I want (P380 roadster) but can’t decide the colour as the configurator doesn’t seem to replicate them very well. I’m in Qatar and most (of the few) f types here are white which doesn’t help. I’m back in UK next week and am going to have a look at a few different colours but can’t find the location of any Velocity Blue cars.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any Velocity Blue cars, ideally roadster? It seems similar to Ultra Blue and if that’s the case I will probably go with that as the SVO paints seem very expensive - was it called something else before maybe?

Any leads appreciated! I’m in the South of UK near Salisbury but happy to travel up to around 100 miles for a first hand view.

If others have seen one then I’d appreciate your comments too. Ta

scm

Post by scm »

There's one in Oxford - scroll down a bit ... https://www.autovolo.co.uk/advertdetail ... e/6982629/
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Sandpitjock.

To find one in the UK, you pm SCM.. :lol:

My car is in Ultra Blue. The way I made this picture let you seen all the different colours in different light conditions;

1. In the sun it looks bleak/pale bleu, not even metallic;
2. In half shadow its a bit darker, but still no "buzz" to me;
3. In the shadow, its brilliant, as the metallic comes to life..
4. If you life in a sunny place, go for velocity blue...
5. If you can find one, look at it in strong sunlight, not in the showroom !

detail.jpg

From the link SCM send you can see the two colours next ro each other.. go for the Velocity !!
In the top image you can see it is impossible to judge UB in artificial light..

ub.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Deleted User 1715

scm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:13 pm There's one in Oxford - scroll down a bit ... https://www.autovolo.co.uk/advertdetail ... e/6982629/
Thanks scm, that’s easily close enough for me! I have looked on autotrader and the jaguar approved used site but never saw this car! Will arrange to view it next week, it does look a lot darker than the configurator suggests which is what I was interested in.
Deleted User 1715

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 pm @Sandpitjock.

To find one in the UK, you pm SCM.. :lol:

My car is in Ultra Blue. The way I made this picture let you seen all the different colours in different light conditions;

1. In the sun it looks bleak/pale bleu, not even metallic;
2. In half shadow its a bit darker, but still no "buzz" to me;
3. In the shadow, its brilliant, as the metallic comes to life..
4. If you life in a sunny place, go for velocity blue...
5. If you can find one, look at it in strong sunlight, not in the showroom !

detail.jpg

From the link SCM send you can see the two colours next ro each other.. go for the Velocity !!
In the top image you can see it is impossible to judge UB in artificial light..
ub.jpg
Thanks Dan, I do like the ultra blue but as you say it looks a little ‘washed out’ in the sunshine to me, although it’s much more affordable than the Velocity Blue!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Sandpitjock.
Here you pay € 3000 more for the VB over the UB . But for me that would be worth it. What I thought I bought was VB, due to the
configurator making the colour look darker..

This is another one in VB : https://www.autovolo.co.uk/advertdetail ... t=priceasc

This is how the configurator fooled me. I thought UB would look like VB does now. Then VB was not on offer yet..
In reality UB is mucht lighter in daylight.

ULTRA VELOCITY.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

I think they're both lovely blues, so you can't really go wrong (IMO) whichever you choose!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

JLR have just put prices up for SVO paint by £1000! Ultra Blue still £730, Velocity Blue now £4500! I know the car and parts go off site for SVO paints but this seems excessive to me, although I’ll still be going to see what it looks like in real life.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Well, if you know 4sure the car goes to a better paint facility, I would surely invest in it.
My car has swirlls and drips and uneven finishing all over. Maybe you should not focus
on the colour alone, but in the quality of finish. Go and check the quality of an SVO paint !
Deleted User 1715

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:52 pm Well, if you know 4sure the car goes to a better paint facility, I would surely invest in it.
My car has swirlls and drips and uneven finishing all over. Maybe you should not focus
on the colour alone, but in the quality of finish. Go and check the quality of an SVO paint !
That’s good advice Dan. I do know that the painting is done off site for SVO paints but still assembled at Castle Bromwich, but I don’t know it’s a better paint facility! :D

I will definitely look at the quality too - just a little concerned that if I like it too much I might end up with a second hand SVR rather than a new P380!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post