Is it worth gettng paint and leather protection from dealer

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
stryker

Post by stryker »

Save your money on the mop and glow and put it toward getting your car a professionally applied ceramic coating then you have accomplished something great

GARETH

Post by GARETH »

I had lifeshine on my Disco when it was new, but where the dealer wanted about £500 to do it, I drove it straight home and a pro detailer came next day, and did it properly for £250.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

[media]<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/23BST5FQOc8k8" width="480" height="297" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/cant-23BST5FQOc8k8">via GIPHY</a></p>[/media]
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Mine came pre purchase dealer lifeshine'd , they hadn't actually done a bad job, but there were a few points that show a dealer does not have the time or commitment to do a thorough job. Mainly polish left and coated over on all the edges, a few buffer trails left in the paintwork and a few blobs of the lifeshine product left not properly wiped off.

I've ended up redoing it with some proper gtechniq products, and I noticed the lifeshine blobs really weren't that difficult to hand polish off so cant be that hard wearing a product.

Leather I treated with gTechniq L1, like the video above clean and coat is the right solution.

I would not pay for a dealer to do it, it's more for Joe average to get something conveniently.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post