Cooling Seats

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hi all,

I have ordered a P380 convertible (deposit paid) and still have the chance to change the configuration.

Following the recent hot weather do the cooling seats actually work and are they worth the money? Do those of you with this option actually use it or does it not make much difference? I have had one previous car with cooling seats and I used them a lot although they didn’t make much of difference, they did help a little bit.

Grateful for any feedback :D

scm

Post by scm »

My cooling seats definitely work but whether you think they're worth the money is a call only you can make. I bought my F-Type used so got the seats whether I wanted them or not (I did want them!). I also had them on my previous XKR and they were operated through the touchscreen which was very inconvenient - the F-Type has a proper physical control which I find much better.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

scm wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 am My cooling seats definitely work but whether you think they're worth the money is a call only you can make. I bought my F-Type used so got the seats whether I wanted them or not (I did want them!). I also had them on my previous XKR and they were operated through the touchscreen which was very inconvenient - the F-Type has a proper physical control which I find much better.
Thanks, how often are you using them?
basher

Post by basher »

I have them too. Used them every day during the heatwave... but only for the first 5 mins or so.

My car is also a used one. Not sure I would've spec'd them if buying new, but now that I have them, they do make a difference.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:53 am... how often are you using them?
Like basher, just when it's really hot and only for a few minutes - they get a bit too cold after that and the aircon has cooled the car interior by then.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Use them every day in my Velar at the moment (daily driver) and would use them regularly in the F Type if I had them, especially with the roof down on a medium warm day when it's not quite warm enough for the AC, but would be great to have a bit of bum cooling!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Deleted User 1715

Chrissyg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 am Use them every day in my Velar at the moment (daily driver) and would use them regularly in the F Type if I had them, especially with the roof down on a medium warm day when it's not quite warm enough for the AC, but would be great to have a bit of bum cooling!
That’s what I was thinking! May be more effective than the air con when the roof’s down.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

This was never an option I was bothered about, but since having them in a recent Mercedes (purchased second hand, not spec’d myself) it’s certainly a nice option to have in the hot weather. Especially if you have a convertible and like the roof down, would say it’s more effective than aircon which hardly reaches you once you go over 30mph

How much is the cooled seat option?
Last edited by dbv6s on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tel

Post by Tel »

We have them in our XFS, really great option.
Smashing after a two hour sesh in the gym!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Deleted User 1715

dbv6s wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:32 am This was never an option I was bothered about, but since having them in a recent Mercedes (purchased second hand, not spec’d myself) it’s certainly a nice option to have in the hot weather. Especially if you have a convertible and like the roof down, would say it’s more effective than aircon which hardly reaches you once you go over 30mph

How much is the cooled seat option?
About 2 days ago it would have been about £380 but having just checked the configuration again today it looks like heated and cooled seats are now grouped as one option for £800. I definitely wanted heated seats as the roof will be down whenever it’s not raining! Guess I’m getting cooling seats too!

Glad those of you who’ve used them find them to be worthwhile!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post