Car ordered

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

I think what we try and do is think about the future, when we're sat in our new car and do not want to be feeling "well I suppose we should have just got that option after all". And the whole point of a new car is being able to get exactly what you want (obviously a trade off with then paying the huge depreciation!).

And I haven't mentioned the personalised number plate yet .. (of course a complete waste of money, but ..)
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

It would take some coordination but the tack time to build an F Type is just under 10 minutes. In theory you could see your actual car go from parts to pride and joy during your visit.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I have quite a few bells & whistles on mine. Bought used so not my spec. Thing is a lot of the features are must have & never really use. By the way it looks very nice.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

You will be pleased with the service levels you get at Matford Exeter, one of the better dealers!
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 pm... a lot of the features are must have & never really use.
About the only (not must-have) feature I don't use is the reverse dipping passenger mirror. I used it a lot on my previous 2010 XKR, but the F-Type dips too far to be useful and it's not user-adjustable. Hopeless.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Did the standard tour with my daughters and we all found it really interesting - a good day out! Seemed a slower process than I was expecting as they made 38 cars in a day and the stations seemed to spend lots of time waiting for parts.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

scm wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:48 pm
steviegtr wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 pm... a lot of the features are must have & never really use.
About the only (not must-have) feature I don't use is the reverse dipping passenger mirror. I used it a lot on my previous 2010 XKR, but the F-Type dips too far to be useful and it's not user-adjustable. Hopeless.
That's one I cannot do without. I reverse into my garage & the motorcycle is on the left. Have to miss the engine guards low down. I thought, while in reverse, adjust the mirror & sw the mirror adjust back off. After that it remembers that position. Not tried it though.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:44 am... I thought, while in reverse, adjust the mirror & sw the mirror adjust back off. After that it remembers that position.
Some 2018 manuals assert that the adjustment sticks, but is wrong, while mine explicitly states that the adjustment won't be remembered. Shame because it's a useful feature, if only it didn't dip so far!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Tel

Post by Tel »

JurassicF wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:27 pm You will be pleased with the service levels you get at Matford Exeter, one of the better dealers!
+1
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Excitement growing .. booked VIP tour with expected sighting of our car for week after next. If I'm able to take a picture will post here. Now waiting for pick up from dealer beginning of March (disappointingly they won't agree to my 1 minute after midnight on the 1st schedule!)
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)