Car ordered

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
scm

Post by scm »

Excellent choice. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Colour is very personal, I think the very light colours hide the curves but are easier to keep clean, the darker colours show the curves off better but are a pain to keep clean! They all look great though!
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

As another white coloured car (technically white is all colours mixed together if you remember your physics) owner I must say it's really grown on me. I bought secondhand so choices were limited but I'm pleased I got white. Also, if you want to stick the numberplate on the bonnet to emphasize the grill, it works well.
My main regret is the interior is all black. I've seen the same interior with contrast stitching and it brightens up the whole look.

20190728_194130.jpg

2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
scm

Post by scm »

scharlton wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm My main regret is the interior is all black. I've seen the same interior with contrast stitching and it brightens up the whole look.
Like you, I bought used so limited choice, but I got lucky with the interior (IMO!) ...

ov17vwy-04.jpg

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I bought second hand too but white was one of my preferred choices. Love it with the red interior.

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
scm

Post by scm »

Mmm, that's a bit too much red for my taste!
lewihoga

Post by lewihoga »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:53 am Thanks to all for comments. I think what's driving me on having a spare or not is how to carry the punctured wheel afterwards. I think I'd be tempted to leave the spare at home anyway. So, not buying a spare will leave me at least with the pump and glue. I note a few spares on ebay if I change my mind later on. Hopefully, if necessary Jaguar Assist will prove to be good!

On colour, I wouldn't have chosen white, but the one in the showroom looked great (see attached) - under showroom lights and without road dirt of course. Part of the decision was whether we would have gone in for our first preference of the lighter interior, which doesn't look good with white exterior, but would have in the blue. Anyway, as we can't now order the lighter roof lining, we've decided to stick with the black, hence my dilemma of going white or blue. Part of my thinking is that I don't want to be too much of a poser (what, with an F type I hear you ask!), the portfino blue might look too understated, but the white more of a standout without being too brash.

Anyway, colour is all about how we all see things, so I know I'm on my own!

Is this tonbridge Jaguar?
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

no
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Well, we've decided (I think), going for Portofino Blue and the light colour interior. Just the 2.0l in standard f-type spec - couldn't really see why R-Dynamic was worth another £3K (just for 19" wheels, exhaust switch and some decals) - I'm sure the more knowledgeable will correct me, but in any case we're really at the extreme of our (non) budget, so have to save something!

Looking forward to getting some timescale information, and hoping not too far away (though nice Spring weather something to hope for, for first drive).

Image1.jpg

Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
scm

Post by scm »

Looks good, now the waiting begins! :)
Regarding budget, my pet theory is that most people buy the cheapest car they can't afford - they always go a bit over what they intend to spend. ;)
Sound like you're not in that camp - well done!