Car ordered

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes I also think the R-Dynamic 19" standard wheels are not the best, wheres your 18" look pretty nice. If you want to upgrade to any of the other wheel options though it's better to go R-Dynamic. You get more Black pack options, and the switchable exhaust and tread-plates, but other than that there isn't much difference.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

PBV6

Post by PBV6 »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:53 am Thanks to all for comments. I think what's driving me on having a spare or not is how to carry the punctured wheel afterwards. I think I'd be tempted to leave the spare at home anyway. So, not buying a spare will leave me at least with the pump and glue. I note a few spares on ebay if I change my mind later on. Hopefully, if necessary Jaguar Assist will prove to be good!

On colour, I wouldn't have chosen white, but the one in the showroom looked great (see attached) - under showroom lights and without road dirt of course. Part of the decision was whether we would have gone in for our first preference of the lighter interior, which doesn't look good with white exterior, but would have in the blue. Anyway, as we can't now order the lighter roof lining, we've decided to stick with the black, hence my dilemma of going white or blue. Part of my thinking is that I don't want to be too much of a poser (what, with an F type I hear you ask!), the portfino blue might look too understated, but the white more of a standout without being too brash.

Anyway, colour is all about how we all see things, so I know I'm on my own!
Is that JLR Huddersfield, looks familiar?
2018 Jaguar F Type R-Dynamic P340
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

No, I think the dealerships have a fairly standard design?
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
scm

Post by scm »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:21 pm No, I think the dealerships have a fairly standard design?
Yeah, they all look the same now. Corporate recognition ... :?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Loki

Post by Loki »

Was that picture taken at the Tonbridge dealership? Looks familiar :)

... and if they've got a facelift in, might have to go have a nose around!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

To save any more guessing, Matford at Exeter. I'd doubt any dealer has a face lift in.
Been advised mine could be delivered towards end March.
scm

Post by scm »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:18 pm Been advised mine could be delivered towards end March.
Welcome to the longest three months of your life! :D
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

may be, fortunately (sort of) I have lots of other things going on to keep me distracted.

We did another check through the options today, and added the active exhaust switch (rather pointless in my opinion), the premium cabin lighting (again rather daft) and the full 12 way heated seat with memory (incredible this is such a high cost extra). Decided to stick with the 'plain' F Type spec rather than R Dynamic, mainly as I don't like the wheels and would have to pay even more to get the 'ordinary' ones fitted. Tried to get the dealer to throw in the wind deflector, but he says I've already got a good price they can't give any more ...

Anyway, all fairly exciting - now looking to book a factory tour.
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

a bit more of an update - had a call from the dealer on Saturday, the expected spec cut off in Feb is NOW! So, just in time to change the seats to the performance variety (some helpful posts here to decide), so our spec if now finalised.

Trying to book a factory tour - they offer a VIP tour (at a rather higher cost) where you can see something of your car build (scheduled for 27-30th Jan). Anybody got experience of either the standard and/or VIP tour? We'll probably go with VIP, as we're spending so much already, a 'little' bit more doesn't matter! Mind you, that drove up some of the options as well ...
scm

Post by scm »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 pm... we're spending so much already, a 'little' bit more doesn't matter! Mind you, that drove up some of the options as well ...
People will often buy the cheapest car they can't afford. ;)