Will the F Type still be in production come end of September

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Something like an EV E-Pace could replace HWMBO's M135i. Doesn't do massive mileage a 400 range would be fine. My only issue is that our UK cars sit in a heated garage in Carcoons over the winter for up to 5 months. Battery conditioners are fine for this but cannot imagine how an EV cars battery would cope with inactivity for a serious length of time. We have problems enough with our electric mountain bike batteries.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

Fez

Post by Fez »

A little update from the old CEO of Jaguar, "Clearly it is Jaguar where the most serious thinking is required. I would simply can the poor selling XF saloon and focus on electrifying the XJ, XE, J-Pace SUV and drop the F-Type sports car." You heard it first...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I read that article too. The new CEO from Renault starts soon (October I believe).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The quote was from an ex JLR chief engineer. Same one that said in May that Tata had signed with Peugeot to sell the company. So the answer is no halo car and concentrate production to SUVs. That'll be erm called Land Rover then! Niche players need flair and style, the XF etc is too staid. Look at what the Fiat 500; achieved for that company. Technology and engineering wasn't anything special but it sold like hot cakes anyway and saved the company.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

Good evening all,
I speak from experience. Between my wife and I, we’ve owned 2 F Types, 2 E Pace’s and 1 F Pace. All of them were bought brand new.
I think all of them were great. We had an E Pace then moved to the F Pace but it was too big for my wife, Liz, so she went back to the E Pace and we’re delighted with it. I love Jaguar as a brand.
I’ve moved on to another British marque - Mclaren. I’m on my second, a 600 LTS. I love it.
I do believe that Jaguar will always have a sports version. I suspect the facelift F Type will not be replaced. Jaguar have trademarked the J Type and I suspect it will be at least a hybrid, hopefully along the lines of the beautiful CX-75 which never made it to production. How they’ll get a hybrid sports car to start at around £50K is a different matter.
However, as I’ve posted previously, I’d be more than happy to part ex my Mac against a version of the CX-75. I suspect it will more likely be priced north of £150k.
Still, what do I know! 🤣🤣
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

" a version of the CX-75. I suspect it will more likely be priced north of £150k".

Ooooh. I can see the kids inheritance going 🤣
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
basher

Post by basher »

C-X75. Mmmm. Yes please.

IMG_20190512_190406_257.jpg

Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Looks like the CX 75 is a dream car that will unfortunately remain a dream.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Lunar wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:38 am I think it somewhat depends on if you want to appeal to age or money. BMW was a premium brand but now their cars are common as muck and many people can afford one - maybe moving up from a Mini. As such no one gives a second look to all the black boxes on the roads now - especially as there are a ridiculous number of model variants.

A friend has just got a great deal on an M850i as they want to get a few more out on the roads - it's an impressive looking car, with its adaptive aero and suchlike, but personally the only BMW I'd consider would be a Z4. And the Luddite in me just craves a car I can connect with when I drive and not with multiple driver "assistance" features.

The problem is that you can't produce an exclusive and fine looking car for a reasonably affordable price, and as we see with the F-Type there are low mileage bargains to be had. I worry that going down the electric XJ route will be the downfall for Jaguar. With gestation periods and taxation and market swings it is something of a game of chance committing such sums of money to a new model - I personally feel they have done well to stay away from interim hybrids but do need to nail a better iPace to generate the funds for not canning the next F-Type. As much as I enjoyed my XE, Jaguar should ditch the saloons and bring out a base model iPace that makes (slightly) more economic sense for people to buy into.

...and then give us a stunning next gen F-Type :D
I concur with the ridiculous proliferation of the German brands. While I hate it I think from a business perspective the big three Germans were forward thinking in know they need to get products out there and not only cater for the older probably higher earners. This is something while I respect, BMW for sure has lost the essence of what BMW was and we're the poorer for it.

One of my dream cars is still the 635 CSi. One became available on the used market here and I'd love to get it and park it next to the F Type.

I love Jaguar and always will (never did as a kid as saw it as an old mans car), but this back and forth with ownership, the F Types future is out of hand !
If the F type goes, there goes the demise of another great car, leaving the field open to that common of German cars - Porsche and I simply will not buy a VW product.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post