Will the F Type still be in production come end of September

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Fez

Post by Fez »

Rumours are building that JRL are going to cut some of their Models... I doubt the F type will survive as all indications are it is going to be replace by the hybrid mid engine J Type... The question is will JLR cut the F Type and wait a couple of years before introducing the J Type who knows...
Time to hold on to your F types...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

I thought I'd read that Castle Bromwich was still not back at work.
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
scm

Post by scm »

Fez wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:36 pm... I doubt the F type will survive as all indications are it is going to be replace by the hybrid mid engine J Type...
Do you have inside information? I thought Jaguar was focusing on all-electric vehicles, especially since hybrids are to be outlawed in a couple of decades, so would seem to be wasted development.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Doesn't make sense. The new FType is < 1 year old. Why stop producing it ?
The J Type is supposed to be a midengined supercar to compete with the likes of Mclaren ( I think). I don't see how it can replace the F Type as they're in two different price brackets.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The F type sold more than the XJ year on year and even ahead of the XF in 2019. Biggest volumes are the F pace, E pace, XE and i pace.

Whilst the XJ had been around too long and was dropped, pending the electric replacement, the XF is the same age as the XE but doesn't seem to have been as successful as the previous generation model. Hardly ever see one on UK roads.

The XF styling doesn't seem to work on the larger body. It seems much more boxy and slab sided. It's too bland and doesn't make the 'I want one of those' that the other models do. I would create a single hybrid/EV to replace both the XF and XJ (lwb version) variants, which has to be a real looker.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Well given the dire state of the car industry and in the case of JLR of its parent company too, then I think it has to seriously look at range reduction. Across JLR there are at least 13 distinct ranges in production, which feels way too many.
Would be a shame but if I were the accountant the F Type would be high on the list, being end of life soon, not electric and low volume. I’d also pick between XE and XF, and then ePace F pace.to cull 2 more
On LR side there must be a lot of overlap between LR and RR that could be culled.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The F and E pace I guess would be best sellers.
Followed by XE and then Land Rover models.

There are several articles on the internet about this. Most are hearsay and nothing confirmed. Even the link below says MIGHT in the title!

www.motor1.com/news/429694/jlr-might-an ... -cuts/amp/
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Given that the F-type development, tooling and supply chain costs must have been expensed a long time ago, the incremental cost of production to JLR must be almost trivial, so it’s a cash cow and likely to survive; it’s also a halo product critical for brand image. The Chinese loan will go to EV development, most of the existing range will soldier on in tarted up and keenly priced special editions, and the stuff they can’t sell above cost will be dropped. The hope will be that enough revenue can be generated to keep the business cash flow positive until some new products emerge. Assuming the consumers want to buy EVs of course, not a given. Also interesting to me is what happens to the corporate car market in the age of Zoom etc. and the collapse of the car hire companies. Will be many nice motors on the market; Hertz in the US have a quarter of a million vehicles heading for auction. Manufacturers will have to find new ways of marketing their products and I suspect the dealership system is already in their sights; too much of the cake swallowed by them.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

The market is booming at the moment, my next door neighbours sells Nissans and he’s never been as busy, his dealership sold 98 cars this week and have almost ran out of stock, he said many customers are using the money they would have spent on this years holidays towards a new car. High end dealers are also clamouring for stock from other sources as auction prices have rocketed. As the economy gets back to normal, or slumps as many expect, who knows what will happen, but at the moment the market is in a much better place than many predicted.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Lofty wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:59 pm The market is booming at the moment, my next door neighbours sells Nissans and he’s never been as busy, his dealership sold 98 cars this week and have almost ran out of stock, he said many customers are using the money they would have spent on this years holidays towards a new car. High end dealers are also clamouring for stock from other sources as auction prices have rocketed. As the economy gets back to normal, or slumps as many expect, who knows what will happen, but at the moment the market is in a much better place than many predicted.

My sister has just brought new Mini, Niece new Audi. Both picked up Friday. That black V6 convertible sold on the F-Type FB page within days. All domestic trades I know are busy.

Then I listen to BBC & it’s Armageddon. They do seem to focus, almost delight, on the negative. Not sure why they do that 🤔

Not saying it’s a bed of roses, for everyone, but evidence the world is still turning 🙏
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post