Will the F Type still be in production come end of September

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Ukprez

Post by Ukprez »

It is not looking good here in Canada or the States for the F-Type. My Jaguar dealership has 10 vehicles signed up and ready to go out the door but due to the Oil crash and C-19 these sales are now on hold.. If you are a nerd like me look at the link where it shows the numbers in the US and Canada

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/jaguar-f- ... sa-canada/

FT’s are popular summer toys. F Pace and E Pace are popular here. Very rarely do you see an XJ

Blakums

Post by Blakums »

I’ve recently heard about an old airfield at a place called Bruntingthorpe which is housing approximately 50 000 LR cars, registered 2019 and 2020. Been there for months....
As an owner of 2 F Types, 400 Sport and an SVR, I’d be sad to see Jaguar stop production. With Jaguar’s heritage, I’d be more than a tad surprised if it did stop without a successor. Then again, I’d be highly interested in buying a J Type!
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Assumed they would be in massive old hangers but just looked with satellite on maps - wow!!

76EABE29-D47C-4A90-B391-7C29DF7331AA.jpeg

0F97677C-90BF-406D-A2F6-C29474C5B84B.jpeg

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Sooooo....

a) Surely they wouldn’t miss the odd SVR?

...although it could mean half a day walking around pressing the remote button :D

b) @Blakums what’s your experience between the F-Type and Macca regarding quality, reliability, and customer service?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

No wonder the batteries in our cars last for 5 minutes then die!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Blakums wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:51 pm I’ve recently heard about an old airfield at a place called Bruntingthorpe which is housing approximately 50 000 LR cars, registered 2019 and 2020. Been there for months....
I think your numbers are a bit high. Cox Automotive which runs the site have capacity to store around 25,000 vehicles. They operate for many manufacturers
None of this is new though. Even back in the old days of BL they stored thousands of new cars for months
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

mickjaguar wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:14 pm the XE but doesn't seem to have been as successful as the previous generation model. Hardly ever see one on UK roads.
Not sure where you live, but I live in West Yorkshire and I must see 4 or 5 XEs on a daily basis. They are really popular around here. I can count at least 15 that I know of in my town alone and 2 F-Types (mine being one of them).

I see quite a lot of F-Paces and E-Paces too, and there's an I-Pace somewhere nearby that I see occasionally
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:01 pm
Blakums wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:51 pm I’ve recently heard about an old airfield at a place called Bruntingthorpe which is housing approximately 50 000 LR cars, registered 2019 and 2020. Been there for months....
I think your numbers are a bit high. Cox Automotive which runs the site have capacity to store around 25,000 vehicles. They operate for many manufacturers
None of this is new though. Even back in the old days of BL they stored thousands of new cars for months
That's where I got mine from - The car I wanted from the dealer was sold about 4 hours before I went to look at it, so the dealer said he would look in the group stock - 2 days later he emailed me the spec of the one I now own, it had been built for a fleet but never took delivery, so it sat at Bruntingthorpe for 6 months before I bought it. 150 miles on the clock, never registered, nearly 20k of upgrades, but had to be sold as "used", so I got a really good deal. If you look at Bruntingthorpe on Google maps, you can see thousands of cars stored there... Image
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

devbrodie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:29 am
mickjaguar wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:14 pm the XE but doesn't seem to have been as successful as the previous generation model. Hardly ever see one on UK roads.
Not sure where you live, but I live in West Yorkshire and I must see 4 or 5 XEs on a daily basis. They are really popular around here. I can count at least 15 that I know of in my town alone and 2 F-Types (mine being one of them).

I see quite a lot of F-Paces and E-Paces too, and there's an I-Pace somewhere nearby that I see occasionally
I was referring to the lack of XF's on the roads. I probably see more F types! Plenty of XE's around including our own XE R sport, so I can spot the difference between an XE and XF very easily.

Statistics worldwide are on the web by year and model. Biggest sellers by a long way are Range Rover and Range Rover Sport, which I don't think attract discount, so are a huge money spinner. Interestingly the LR Discovery is about the same volume as the XE.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Millwheel wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:52 pm Given that the F-type development, tooling and supply chain costs must have been expensed a long time ago, the incremental cost of production to JLR must be almost trivial, so it’s a cash cow and likely to survive
The Ftype is definitely not a cash cow product, profit margins are very slim and development costs have only just been covered - this doesn't take into account the facelift car just released who's development costs will most likely not be recouped before it goes out of production.

If the Ftype survives the next 6 months in terms of JLR downsizing (evident from recent news articles and published performance figures) then I think we are looking at 2 years max before production stops

XE, XF, Ftype are all low volume & extremely low profitability cars, many sell at a loss - In the Jaguar line up they would be the first to go. Interesting times over the next few months with the car industry, I'm sure there will be a few good deals to be had for buyers and an incredibly tough time for manufacturers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post