V8 R AWD or P450?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Hi guys,
Been looking for a year old V8 R AWD and prices seem to be around the £58k mark. I’ve seen on the AT website barely used P450 R dynamics for only slightly more. Yes there’s the drop in BHP but with the new interior and updates jaguar have made which one would you go for?
Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties. It’s not big and it’s not clever!

scm

Post by scm »

On the basis that there's no such thing as "too much power" it'd have to be the R AWD for me. Though the new look is growing on me, so could be a close thing, except nothing will entice me out of the one I've got! Which will you go for is what we want to know!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Tricky one. I spotted new 450 V8s for around 60k cropping up. Very tempting. I'm still undecided on the new front end, but I've not seen one for real yet. Still a great looking car though and it'll probably grow on me.

From I've read the chassis has been improved and the steering and turn in is sharper, which makes it worth considering alone. I'd be stuck between one of these or an older SVR. But by the time I decide the replacement F type that's probably not even designed will be out 🙄.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Tel

Post by Tel »

Having the V6 is nice. Having the V8 is just naughty - I like naughty

Drive both, and you tell us which one you'd go for!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Given the two choices the OP offered..... I would go for the older V8 R for the sole reason I still don't like the face lift front end. It is not growing on me at all, infact quite the opposite!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Im on the fence at the moment although swaying slightly more towards the V8 R AWD. The 450 V8s on the market now at the slightly higher price all have the suede cloth seats and I’m really not a fan. The all leather interior just looks awesome and gives the car a much more luxurious feel. I know we’re meant to embrace the future and all that but I think I prefer the analogue display over the digital one as well. My other concern is would the P450’s lower almost new price at £60k mean the price of the used V8 AWDs will take a complete nose dive given the updated interior and, as mentioned above, the improved chassis and ride? I’ve still not seen one in the flesh either and there’s none nearby to take a test drive in at the moment. Has anyone here had a go to give a useful comparison?
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

if you are looking at the £60k mark or slightly above, would you not be tempted by the SVR?
Sure it'll be 3 maybe 4 years old, but low mileage approved used examples (so comes with 1 years warranty) are around
Config-2

Post by Config-2 »

Yeah that’s possible but I much prefer the rising spoiler on the f types. I think with the spoiler attached there seems to be quite a bit going on with the car, it looks quite busy. I’m a big fan of the understated.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Tel wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 pm Having the V6 is nice. Having the V8 is just naughty - I like naughty

They're both v8's Tel :D
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Tel

Post by Tel »

Timbo wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:41 pm
Tel wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 pm Having the V6 is nice. Having the V8 is just naughty - I like naughty

They're both v8's Tel :D
Oh, I thought it could be a V6 with 450!

My post should have read; 450 is nice 620 plus is naughty!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩