V8 R AWD or P450?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

Interesting question op, my take would be does the face-lift car sound as good as the pre face-lift?
That would be the deciding factor for me and from the clips I've seen on YouTube suspect the older cars sound better.
Anyone driven the new cars yet?
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Lutondave wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:41 pm Interesting question op, my take would be does the face-lift car sound as good as the pre face-lift?
That would be the deciding factor for me and from the clips I've seen on YouTube suspect the older cars sound better.
Anyone driven the new cars yet?
Maybe ;)

I haven't driven one of the older ones, or the Type R of the My21, so I don't have anything to compare it against though, sorry.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

The V8 R AWD will have more grunt - it's 550PS compared to 450PS. MInd you, 450 is plenty for normal mortals ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I found you had to push the new one (575hp 'R') more to get some good sound out of it. in short, new cars sound good, older cars sound better

Really like the new digital dash configuration, anyone who says "its a proper sports car so should have analogue dials" is living in the past. You can opt to have a central rev counter, 'virtual cockpit' style nav, 2 normal dials etc. loads more configurable and much more info to hand
not massively sold on the new looks, still a good looking car, just prefer the previous styles (actually prefer the first gen front to all others)

Either car will be a great choice so OP you cant really go wrong, both have V8's, I think part of me might sway towards the V8 R AWD, not sure how the new shaped 450 will do in the long run, I think people on second hand market would probably hold out for the 575 R which could damage the 450 cars resale value (more than normal)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

The P450 is available with RWD and with the new revised suspension could be the nicest one to drive. The new car will come with 3 years warranty whereas the V8 R will only have the remaining years and you won’t have certainty as to how it’s been looked after.

Both great cars
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:04 pmThe new car will come with 3 years warranty whereas the V8 R will only have the remaining years and you won’t have certainty as to how it’s been looked after.
But you will have saved a shedload of depreciation! ;)
Deleted User 1715

scm wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:00 pm
GusA wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:04 pmThe new car will come with 3 years warranty whereas the V8 R will only have the remaining years and you won’t have certainty as to how it’s been looked after.
But you will have saved a shedload of depreciation! ;)
Haha! True that :lol:

I didn’t worry about depreciation as I got 22% off and don’t plan to sell it! :D
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:08 pm I didn’t worry about depreciation as I got 22% off and don’t plan to sell it! :D
I'll bring you with me next time I go to buy a car! :lol:
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

GusA wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:08 pm I didn’t worry about depreciation as I got 22% off and don’t plan to sell it! :D

Is that a TATA Steel employee discount?
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 1715

RPSN wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 am

Is that a TATA Steel employee discount?
Haha, it was my dazzling smile! :D

Or my eligibility for diplomatic/military sales!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post