and another one.....

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

So im currently on my third FType (2019 R), and been toying with the idea of an AM Vantage or DB11.

Today, I ordered a new F Type SVR instead! One of the last production run of SVR's still in JLR unallocated stock. A lot cheaper than a new face lift R, and my dream car..... stupidly excited! Arrives early August! :D :D :D

scm

Post by scm »

And much more modern than an AM! Well done! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

I spent 4 days doing a 'Paint Correction Detail' with a ceramic coating on a customer's 2019 Aston Martin Vantage in 'China Grey'. I really like it - I think it's the best looking Aston Martin of all their models. This car was 150k when new and even has those special Aston Martin badges at the front and back which cost 3k!!!!

Good choice not getting the facelift R - don't get me started on how bland and boring the new face is. No character and very generic.

Good choice with the SVR! You'll love it. I have the 'R'.
badger

Post by badger »

Dazarooni wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:41 pm I spent 4 days doing a 'Paint Correction Detail' with a ceramic coating on a customer's 2019 Aston Martin Vantage in 'China Grey'. I really like it - I think it's the best looking Aston Martin of all their models. This car was 150k when new and even has those special Aston Martin badges at the front and back which cost 3k!!!!

Good choice not getting the facelift R - don't get me started on how bland and boring the new face is. No character and very generic.

Good choice with the SVR! You'll love it. I have the 'R'.
ive got to completely disagree, i love some astons but the front of the latest vantage is an abomination, truly awful. i like the side and rear profile but even if i won the lottery i'd buy the vanquish s before that.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

4 days work, you could have resprayed it in 3!!
scm

Post by scm »

gasgas wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am 4 days work, you could have resprayed it in 3!!
And then spent 4 days detailing it! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

gasgas wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am 4 days work, you could have resprayed it in 3!!
I won't bite.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

scm wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:23 am
And then spent 4 days detailing it! :lol:
Exactly. Don't get me started on resprayed panels.
basher

Post by basher »

brianhpenfold wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:09 pm So im currently on my third FType (2019 R), and been toying with the idea of an AM Vantage or DB11.

Today, I ordered a new F Type SVR instead! One of the last production run of SVR's still in JLR unallocated stock. A lot cheaper than a new face lift R, and my dream car..... stupidly excited! Arrives early August! :D :D :D
4 F-Types! 😮
Wow, you must change them every year. 😉

Maybe you'll stick with your dream car for a bit longer.

Anyway... congrats.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

basher wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:37 pm
brianhpenfold wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:09 pm So im currently on my third FType (2019 R), and been toying with the idea of an AM Vantage or DB11.

4 F-Types! 😮
Wow, you must change them every year. 😉

Maybe you'll stick with your dream car for a bit longer.

Anyway... congrats.
Thanks Basher, I rejected the first F Type R, so i suppose only 3 count!