Advice on buying

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Yardbird

Post by Yardbird »

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a F type coupe, probably a 3.0 between 4 and 6 years old. What should I look out for when viewing? Are there known issues on the older models? Are some sat navs impossible to update (as with my 2017 XE). How does the 2.0 engine compare?

Any advice would be welcome.

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

There are many optional extras. Be aware of what you really want, such as panoramic roof, heated screen, auto dip etc. Full service history is high on the wanted list.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Yardbird

Post by Yardbird »

Thanks Jaguandy,

I think I'll have to visit a few garage forecourts to see what's available.
KHatman

Post by KHatman »

With regards to sat nav if you can find a model that has the Incontrol Pro with the 10 inch screen then that system can be updated to allow Apple CarPlay/AA and you can then use Waze or Gogglemaps and never have to worry about updating maps. I can’t tell you when or if the upgrade became available as an option on the F-Type as I’m an F-Pace owner where I think it was from about 16 plate onwards.
2019 F-Pace 2.0D Manual, Corris Grey and very little else
2016 F-Type V6 Base, Corris Grey and very little else
scm

Post by scm »

I think MY18 was the year that both the 8" screen with physical buttons and 10" screens without were fitted (not in the same car, obviously!). I have an early MY18 (built March 2017) with the 8" screen.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post