Advice on special offer on F-Type

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

If you can take advantage of WBAC high used and buy a new car with discount you can’t lose!
Downside is delivery times which are now getting better. This means used will go down as more vehicles become available, so it’s gamble on getting the timing right.
As far as taking advantage of the PCP discount and paying off immediately goes, dealer says they actively encourage it. No penalty involved and doesn’t damage credit rating. Should improve it actually.
Personally I would say keep the MX5 if you need a ride as proportionately it won’t go back down that much compared to say my old Macan which was up 15k on normal used prices, so it had to go now.
Keep a 'rolling' deposit in case they lower it for peace of mind until you ready.

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

The only thing I would suggest is just seeing what you can get elsewhere in terms of finance deal as the dealers make money off the finance when they don't make it on the car. I bought new and jaguar kept telling me all the advantages they could provide with their finance and insurance. I told them let's talk after we agree price. We agreed a price where I saved around Aus$7000 then sat down went through their finance and insurance offer, then spoke with a broker and got a much better and cheaper deal, and then got a far better insurance deal going to the same insurance underwriter that Jaguar use but they provided me direct a better quote and far better set of conditions in terms of replacement and cover. It may seem like a great deal, and it may well be, but be wary of them packaging things up and them looking good as if you break them down you can often find better savings.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Mrf1933

Post by Mrf1933 »

I’m looking to order a P450 RWD R Dynamic Black coupe for and carwow is showing 12% discount including £5500 deposit contribution from Jaguar which is great. has anyone ordered from a dealer with a better offer?
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

This is best you’ll get from my experience.
DTD prices are never beaten so good benchmark to get dealer to this price

A5F10EA0-E19B-41FD-B645-DD5E2D9FCE29.png

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

You used to be able to get 20% if you were ex-forces (they were offering 23% on some in-stock MY20 models back when I was close to ordering), but that discount has dropped at some point this year and realistically, the deal shown above is probably on-par with that.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
kevc

Post by kevc »

Mrf1933 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:41 pm I’m looking to order a P450 RWD R Dynamic Black coupe for and carwow is showing 12% discount including £5500 deposit contribution from Jaguar which is great. has anyone ordered from a dealer with a better offer?
That's pretty much what I got when I ordered in June. The finance deal was only 4k at the time though but the percentage was 12.6.
By the way, haven't heard a peep from the dealer since!
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
ThunderMax

Post by ThunderMax »

Just joined the forum so forgive if I’m behind the curve.

You can get £5500 off a new f-type with 0%APR but you put 50% down, make no payments for two years and then pay off the other 50%. You can then pay off the balance to keep the car, PX (with Jags est future value) or hand the car back.

I would have take the deal but I was offered a 12 month old P450 for £18k off list price.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post