Advice on special offer on F-Type

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Tavis75

Post by Tavis75 »

Hi all,

I've been considering buying an F-Type, currently looking at probably a new 2.0 R-Dynamic Convertible.

My plan had been to buy the car next spring for a few reasons (I have a loan coming to an end in a couple of months, it gets the winter out of the way and I'm going to be working from home until at least November, so not driving as much).

However, I saw that Jaguar are currently offering a Finance Deposit Allowance of between £4,000 and £5,500 on the F-Type which is obviously a decent saving but only available until the end of September, so I got a quote from a local dealer who offered me a deal of £54,523, which is almost a £5,000 discount plus the £4,000 deposit allowance.

Obviously this seems like a really good deal overall, so I have been considering moving my purchase forward, but just wondered how common a deal like that is likely to be? Is that the sort of thing I might be able to get any time or should I bite their hand off?

On a slightly different note, can anyone give me any idea of the sort of wait time on a new F-Type at the moment? Would I be looking at weeks, months? Or does it depend on options etc.?

Thanks.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Seems like a good deal, around 10% off seems to be the norm for new cars. Used to be around 3 months waiting for a build slot but with the current shortages of chips etc I would guess it will be a while longer at the moment. Was the dealer not able to give you an idea of current waiting times?
Tavis75

Post by Tavis75 »

Thanks, I thought it did seem pretty good.
I just got the offer through Car Wow, so haven't talked to the dealer directly yet, hopefully heading over there tomorrow to go through the various questions I have etc. so as you say, hopefully they'll be able to let me know about the delivery times then.
Then just all the fun of trying to work out what options I want (and probably wiping out most of the discount in the process!)
kevc

Post by kevc »

I ordered a couple of weeks ago and delivery is Nov/Dec.

Definitely go in armed with a carwow quote. I got that without any questions and they even bumped it up a little more. With the finance contribution as well it added up to around 13% off list.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Tavis75

Post by Tavis75 »

Thanks, so seems like it might not be far off of being spring before I actually get the car anyway then! Out of interest, did you get the Finance Deposit Allowance deal and if so, how does that work in regards to the delivery time and the deal ending? I assume they just register the car now?

Yep, figured it was worth having a quote as a bargaining chip, and TBH the dealer that the quote is from is also reasonably local (just not quite as close or convenient), so if I don't get any luck with matching it at the dealer tomorrow then I can always just go to the Car Wow dealer instead.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

When I first bought back in 2015 I had circa 9% discount and was going through the order and the dealer said, would you like 50:50 interest free finance (pay half and the remainder over v2 years).

Bit surprised to get both, but it shows what might be available. Finance commission is usually a separate earner for them so they might do a slightly better deal if something can be clawed back on the HP.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Recently went through this so hope can help.
Had same deal as you with 9k off a coupe. Was concerned like you that deal would change on 1st of this month so placed a £250 refundable deposit on the last day of June to guarantee the offer. Dealer will be able to tell you when these deals come to an end so doing the above gives peace of mind.
Deposit is fully refundable up to date of build so gives plenty of time to change mind.
In the end I couldn’t wait and bought their demo with only 600 miles on it at an extra grand off what would have been the discounted new price so thought that was good enough. Especially when WBAC price was same as paid.

Good luck
kevc

Post by kevc »

Tavis75 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:49 am Out of interest, did you get the Finance Deposit Allowance deal and if so, how does that work in regards to the delivery time and the deal ending? I assume they just register the car now?
It was a straight £4000 off with the finance. I have no idea what the other terms of it are because I'll over pay it pretty quickly and clear it off well before the 48 months are up. One caveat is that they said sometimes if you pay it off too soon they ask for some or all of that contribution back. Presumably because they make their money from the interest on it and if you pay it off early they won't get that but I'll find that out when I get to it.

I'm not sure about the point at which the deal actually starts. It probably can't be until the car is registered and I'm not sure how long they would be willing to hang on to it for you. If you order now and it comes in December do you want it to sit in their yard for 3 months until the Spring? Like you I was also going to wait for the 22 reg after March but the trade in prices are so good at the moment it was too good to miss for the sake of a reg plate.
Tavis75

Post by Tavis75 »

kevc wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:45 pm I'm not sure about the point at which the deal actually starts. It probably can't be until the car is registered and I'm not sure how long they would be willing to hang on to it for you. If you order now and it comes in December do you want it to sit in their yard for 3 months until the Spring? Like you I was also going to wait for the 22 reg after March but the trade in prices are so good at the moment it was too good to miss for the sake of a reg plate.
Yep, not too bothered about the reg plate. The spring choice was for other reasons, but if I order it now I'll be getting it delivered as soon as possible!

Had a chat to the dealer and apparently as long as the paperwork is signed before the deal ends then I will get it, plus apparently if Jaguar offer a better deal between then and delivery then I would get that deal instead, so win-win.

Trade in price was another reason I moved things forward, got a We Buy Any Car quote on my current car (an MX-5) about 3/4 weeks back, then they contacted me again recently to say it had gone up by a grand in the meantime (13k to 14k)! Jaguar's quoted trade in price online is broadly similar, though not quite as good, but likely to take that for ease. Though not sure how that works from the point of the delivery time, whether the trade in price would get locked in now as well or whether that would depend on the market value when the F-Type actually gets delivered, but guess that's another question for the dealer.
kevc

Post by kevc »

Tavis75 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 pm Had a chat to the dealer and apparently as long as the paperwork is signed before the deal ends then I will get it, plus apparently if Jaguar offer a better deal between then and delivery then I would get that deal instead, so win-win.
Yep I was told the same which is good.
Trade in price was another reason I moved things forward, got a We Buy Any Car quote on my current car (an MX-5) about 3/4 weeks back, then they contacted me again recently to say it had gone up by a grand in the meantime (13k to 14k)! Jaguar's quoted trade in price online is broadly similar, though not quite as good, but likely to take that for ease. Though not sure how that works from the point of the delivery time, whether the trade in price would get locked in now as well or whether that would depend on the market value when the F-Type actually gets delivered, but guess that's another question for the dealer.
What they did with me was pick a half way point between what it was worth 6 months ago on their system and what it's currently worth. They said that was the best they could do as they can't guarantee the value now will be the same on delivery. I guess that's fair. They also said if the car is delivered early then that it'll probably be to my advantage if prices stay high. And also on collection day they don't car if I give them a car or not. If I get a better price somewhere else on the day (WBAC for example) then that's fine and they'll just add the agreed value back on to the price. They also said they would re-value it on delivery. Hopefully it's not less than they say otherwise I'll be a few quid short but I don't have much control over that. As with you I think even if WBAC is a little better I would probably stick with the dealer because WBAC take 4-7 days to get the money to you and that's a big hole to fill in the meantime.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post