Can't decide between two V8 R AWD models.

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
landminerepairs

Post by landminerepairs »

Hi guys, I am trading my V6S for V8R but I can not decide between these 2 models.

Which would you go for? Looks and style wise.

Model 1 - 'Berry Black'. Ceramic breaks, yellow calipers, red interior, pan roof. Cost £3k more.

Model 2 - All black, red calipers, black interior, no panoramic roof. Is cheaper

2018 F-Type V8 R, All Black.
Previously 2016 F-Type V6S British Design Edition, Ultra Blue.

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

Hay, Well obviously this is your choice and you shouldn't really let anyone else opinion sway you but that being said. Personally I would go for the 'Berry Black'. Ceramic breaks, yellow callipers, red interior, pan roof. Mainly because of the black berry colour and the carbon ceramic brakes look soooo good! :lol:

Speaking of the brakes...

they do squeak a little at low speeds and cost a bomb to replace however they produce next to no brake dust and have no brake fade when you're thrashing it. allot to be said for that. but just a few things to consider. :D
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031
Jamesrust777

Post by Jamesrust777 »

Based purely on looks it’s got to be the berry black with the ceramic brakes
2018MY F-Type R
Corris/Ammonite Grey
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Black Badged
Black SVR bonnet vents
Ceramic Coated with Titan coatings
Pilot Sport 4S tyres
landminerepairs

Post by landminerepairs »

Casperrito wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:48 am Hay, Well obviously this is your choice and you shouldn't really let anyone else opinion sway you but that being said. Personally I would go for the 'Berry Black'. Ceramic breaks, yellow callipers, red interior, pan roof. Mainly because of the black berry colour and the carbon ceramic brakes look soooo good! :lol:

Speaking of the brakes...

they do squeak a little at low speeds and cost a bomb to replace however they produce next to no brake dust and have no brake fade when you're thrashing it. allot to be said for that. but just a few things to consider. :D

Thanks for your thoughts. I see you have a similar spec but in grey. I would prefer that a grey one like yours if I could find one in my price range but so far no luck!
2018 F-Type V8 R, All Black.
Previously 2016 F-Type V6S British Design Edition, Ultra Blue.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Definitely the Berry!
Looks so much better than plain black!
Also, when are you going to be looking through the roof while driving?
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG