New member & potential new Jag!

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Nopace

Post by Nopace »

Hi everyone,

I've recently decided to pull the trigger on the f-type having finally got sign off from the Mrs :D

Saw a 400 Sport AWD in black with a pano roof and it looked great when I test drive it. I am thinking about putting an offer in but wanted to see if a history check flagged anything?

The plate is PJ17UYZ.

Thanks!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black with pano roof

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 49876
Same colour and spec as mine (and very likely came off the production line the same week).

Registered from 14th May 2017 in Liverpool (1st owner), then Wolverhampton (2nd owner) and then Derby (3rd owner). I believe the car is in Southend so I presume it was traded and then auctioned.

It should of had 6 services by now but it has only had 4. This is because the 1st and 2nd services were both 7-8 months late and the 5th service is due in November so the servicing and MOT are not aligned.

Clear on PNC, the only thing that doesn't make sense is the MOT. The 1st MOT was done on time and ok apart from worn rears at 17,590 miles which is about right for the mileage based on my 400 sport.

There then is a warning about an expired MOT which is odd because it had one, and then the 2nd MOT was a month early (and not aligned to a service or change of owner). Which it failed for headlight aim too low. I am wondering if it has had a minor prang but can find no evidence of this. Might just be a coincidence and of course does not matter if it has a minor repair.

I would recommend a full car check, such as Car Vertical who sponsor the forum. Also have a look at the reg plates and the marker on them. If both are the original plates from Liverpool Jaguar then great. The front one might be different.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Nopace

Post by Nopace »

Thanks so much simpleR, you have a beautiful car, I absolutely loved it!

I had clocked that the MOTs were at a different time to the services but hadn't spotted that the car hadn't had 6 services yet. The car dealer have also offered a full service before delivery of the car as it's due soon so maybe something that they are aware of.

The car vertical check didn't flag up anything regarding theft or damage but did flag a unit stocking record with a 6 month term which I'm assuming is from that dealer.

It also valued the car around £5k higher than its currently for sale for so not sure if I'm just getting a good deal or there is something else. The car looked and drove great when I saw it so it's left me slightly uncertain but I still may go for it since they are offering a 6 month warranty on it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black with pano roof

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post