Service in Castle Bromwich - Should this be a concern?

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Roo

Post by Roo »

Currently looking at deal on KR22 TDU (SAJDA1AE9PCK80347)

This address was flagged on the service record, and I'm unsure as to whether this is a Jag head office, or an experience day location. Keep reading different things when searching , and thought someone on here might know more.
Cheers for any thoughts.

MVO - CB
B35 7RA
United Kingdom

https://www.jaguarlandrover.com/how-to- ... e-bromwich
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Have to say, having recently had some background checks done courtesy of and thanks to simpleR, there are some “interesting” 21 and 22 plate cars coming up for sale at dealers lately.

Often not showing number of previous owners in the advert and maybe missing the online PDI, or with it not done at a dealer.

They seem to be coming to the dealers through closed auction or similar.

Well worth checking out disc condition and front end alignment quality I would say, along with running the VIN through the online service history to see where it’s been.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jaguar used to use V plate or occasionally O plate cars for experience, press related events.

Google F-Type Fen End or F-Type Goodwood or F-Type Ice Academy etc and then go to images.

Recently these have changed to KN, KS, KR on 22 and 23 plates. Example
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1553341641609681

Unfortunately Jaguar won't tell you what it was used for or by, probably because they don't know, so unless someone posted a pic online which Google finds it is near impossible to find out.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The dealer couldn’t get proof of the PDI on the one car, only that “I’m sure it’s been done”.

simpleR pointed out that part of the PDI is to code the keys to the car/VIN, without which you can clone one from the OBD port.

This sounds much the same as with the original cars, before they had a security interface module added to prevent that action, and why owners of earlier models should always disable or lock the OBD port - also to prevent dealers doing a noise reduction sw action.

The other car I looked at was PDI by a non-Jaguar company at Bruntingthorpe, so may well have been a Fen End car - and anyone having done that experience day knows how those cars are driven 😂

It’s not just the scoring of discs, it’s the unseen things such as heat cycling, suspension loading and likely not warmed up to operating temperature before revving the engine out.

All the dealer would tell me on that one was that it was a multi-(ab)user car.
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

165 point inspection used approved car anyone?

IMG_2970.png

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Lunar wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:34 pm 165 point inspection used approved car anyone?
Yikes.

Although the 165 point inspection covers...

120 Brake lines and couplings
123 Brake Pad Thickness (6mm pad material min.)
124 Brake Rotor Thickness (50% of wear limit)
125 Brake fluid
148 Brake pedal
149 ABS braking system
150 Emergency brake

There is nothing on there for scored, rust and grooves in discs. Oddly. Presumably you buy the car, notice it or gets picked up at next service/MOT and you pay yourself for replacements! LOL.

What would cause a disc to end up like that after under 2 years and a few thousand miles? Is that a sign of a hard life, heavy braking or standing around unused?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Kev

Post by Kev »

The cars used at Goodwood would need a new set of rear tyres and diff as they spend their days sideways on the ‘Drift Experience’
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
scm

Post by scm »

Kev wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:01 pm The cars used at Goodwood would need a new set of rear tyres and diff as they spend their days sideways on the ‘Drift Experience’
From what I recall when I was there they replace the tyres pretty often during the day! So just a diff, then?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Roo

Post by Roo »

Cool! I'll continue digging. Hopefully the car is arriving next week, and I'm tempted to put a deposit down.

The whole topic of brakes disc health got me down another research path :) Suppose these are the things I need to make a list of before I see the car in the flesh.

Hard to tell from the only image they have online.... but these don't look any worse than the ones on my Transporter atm.

IMG_2692.PNG

MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
Moss

Post by Moss »

Roo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:13 pm Cool! I'll continue digging. Hopefully the car is arriving next week, and I'm tempted to put a deposit down.

The whole topic of brakes disc health got me down another research path :) Suppose these are the things I need to make a list of before I see the car in the flesh.

Hard to tell from the only image they have online.... but these don't look any worse than the ones on my Transporter atm.
That image suggests the car has stood around a wet and windy forecourt before being moved around a few yards each time?
As you say, though, not easy to tell from an online picture - needs a visual check to confirm. 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post