Windown scratches on convertibles

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
Mac in Aberdeen

Post by Mac in Aberdeen »

Is anyone else experiencing window scratches on their convertible.
I bough my V6S new in 2013 and both windows are now suffering scratches from the windows opening, quite deep on the passenger side.
Also mine suffers from a number of body glue extrusions that have been painted over, both rear quarter panels have been repainted at the lower join but areas of the boot now have areas where the paint has come off the glue.
Thanks

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Sorry to hear that Mac, my convertible is from 2013, not one scratch on the windows.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
whiskey29

Post by whiskey29 »

Get her into the dealer asap before your warranty expires. Even if it has, you probably have a good argument that this happened during the warranty period and they should cover it under a good will gesture
Mac in Aberdeen

Post by Mac in Aberdeen »

The Aberdeen dealership is pretty rubbish and a query is lodged with them but I am expecting a fight over it.
The vehicle has already had a new roof fitted, a new coolant seal to the blower, paint on the rear quarter panels.
Basically probably the worst car I have had in a long time for faults.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Sorry to hear about your problems Mac.
Nothing to report like that on my 2014 V6S....(yet)
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Boo, nothing like that on mine, although my windows do always come up wet which makes me wonder if a seal somewhere isn't on right...
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Yep. On the drivers side, it's in next month along with a long list of other issues to sort.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
captainham

Post by captainham »

I've just noticed this on the topix site (I haven't yet bothered to pay for a subscription though, so I can't download it!). Looks potentially relevant though...

Topix link:
https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
steveo35

Post by steveo35 »

yep.. have a few on mine... thought it was from me scraping ice of windows , but then same thing happened on drivers side which I have never used a ice scraper on.. also they are so perfectly vertical it apparent something is causing it , I can only imagine its maybe some sort of grit that gets stuck on the rubber bits that then catches the windows

ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine -was- fine but noticed last week it's now started doing this on the driver's side :( Anyone had any joy getting it fixed? I don't think it would be on topic if just grit...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post