British Desigb Edition

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
lozzermo

Post by lozzermo »

I saw the BDE last week in the showroom . Myself I did not like the mish mash of colours.
Ultra blue, chrome window trim, grey alloy wheels ,red calliper s. black interior For me it was too many colours going on but the car was fantastic and would have looked nice with all black trim but I have to say I was really tempted but opted for a V6s in silver with black pack I can live with that better on a daily basis. I prefer to be a little less in your face

Agreed. Seems Jaguar have shipped a job lot as quite a few dealers have them. It is a metallic but very subtle with minimal pop. Overall the exterior seems a bit unresolved. It would be nicer if the window surround and side vents were black and perhaps the calipers black or blue.

deano7

Post by deano7 »

l,m picking my Ultra Blue BDE on Monday .It came in today,so l went to the local dealers.l thought it looked amazing in photos but l,ll tell you it looks even better in the flesh(but don,t all F Types).I have never had a car with anything but shiney alloys. Never liked black or any other colour but l think the Ultra Blue BDE would,nt look as stunning with shiney alloys. Roll on monday morning
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Check out Page 6 of the breakfast thread, a few photos of the blue ...
Would definitely suggest the black pack to loose the chrome wing vents and window surrounds, and go for black callipers not red ...
Seeing in the metal is worth while. IMO it looks much better than in photos ....
HTH, rgds Paul

Senninha2017-01-10 12:52:49
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

I followed Ben's car (the one above) down the Motorway to Gaydon and have to say I think it's a striking colour in the flesh; photos really don't do it justice.

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
basher

Post by basher »

I have my heart set on an ultra blue British Design Edition. Just waiting to see one for real at my local dealership, then need to decide on brand new or 2nd hand??
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I have my heart set on an ultra blue British Design Edition. Just waiting to see one for real at my local dealership, then need to decide on brand new or 2nd hand??

Good Luck and hope it lives upto expectation when you see it for real ...
If you go the used route, you can always personalise to your taste, ie wrap chrome to black or retro fit the parts if you prefer the black look ...
rgds, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

As far as Blues go it is gorgeous. But is your blue my blue, we can never know? Personally I'm an IRR kind of guy so Blue is out. Certainly Ben's car was very striking.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
basher

Post by basher »

New BDE cannot be ordered now, according to my local dealer.

So it's a used one, or nothing, or 2018 facelift in blue (but with a not-so-nice front end).

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

New BDE cannot be ordered now, according to my local dealer.

So it's a used one, or nothing, or 2018 facelift in blue (but with a not-so-nice front end).

What about the new 400 Sport model? Is that available in the Blue? gets all the new upgrades into the deal as well, its limited edition so good for residuals, and you'd one of the first (and few) on the road ..
HTH
basher

Post by basher »

What about the new 400 Sport model? Is that available in the Blue? gets all the new upgrades into the deal as well, its limited edition so good for residuals, and you'd one of the first (and few) on the road ..

Yep - I've already been on the configurator. Ends up more pricey than the BDE, with a front grille I just don't like. Not so sure about the wheels & seats too. Confused

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post