British Desigb Edition

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
lozzermo

Post by lozzermo »

So, I was looking to purchase a nearly new 3.0 AWD and decided to see what I could get for a similar monthly payment and the BDE came up. I specced in Ultra Blue but having not seen it in the flesh am worried I may not like it when it turns up. My alternate is a new AWD in IRR as i have see a few.

Has anyone seen the BDE in Ultra Blue? Is it a solid colour or metallic? I'm not keen on the solid red or white and while Ultimate black does look good I've had my fair share of black cars and want something different.

East winger

Post by East winger »

I've seen it in the factory. It's not a blue that I would want to live with. It's a bit too sky blue for me and I would recommend seeing it in the flesh before buying.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

I've seen it in the factory. It's not a blue that I would want to live with. It's a bit too sky blue for me and I would recommend seeing it in the flesh before buying.

Its certainly different and would stand out for sure...I quite agree with Winger, but colour is certainly a personal thing.

She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
lozzermo

Post by lozzermo »

Thanks guys. For sure its a lot of cash to spend 'unseen'. I think I will do a ring around dealers in my part of the country to see if there are any around. Ultimate black would be the only other option for me but I prefer the contrast of the rear Venturi which would be lost.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Thanks guys. For sure its a lot of cash to spend 'unseen'. I think I will do a ring around dealers in my part of the country to see if there are any around. Ultimate black would be the only other option for me but I prefer the contrast of the rear Venturi which would be lost.

No matter what colour you decide Lozzermo, this car is guaranteed a head turner in any colour. Go for the colour you REALLY like, forget your friends and others what they say, you're the one driving it not them.
You're right about the Venturi, it looks nice in the blue, possibly black leaping cat badge at the back, black side vents, etc. etc. Good luck on the hunt and let us know if you found one.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

My view is that the blue is very striking at first sight, but if an 'in your face' blue isn't your very favourite signature colour, you will tire of it quicker than some of the other colours.

That said...if you like in your face colours as a general preference, then you could always consider counter balancing the blue with some bold striping (A'la Shelby Cobra) in a contrasting colour or tone to the blue.....just to take a bit of the blueness away...If you get my meaning.
...and you can change the colour of the stripes almost to suit your mood, or at least for a fresh update after a year or so.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
lozzermo

Post by lozzermo »

I'm a bit too conservative for the in your face colour scheme I have spoken to Jaguar UK to see if there are any BDE's in ultra blue out there as I would hate to go with another option and see one and thing I wish I had.....

That said the ultimate black does look special in an under the radar kind of way!
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

I saw the BDE last week in the showroom . Myself I did not like the mish mash of colours.
Ultra blue, chrome window trim, grey alloy wheels ,red calliper s. black interior For me it was too many colours going on but the car was fantastic and would have looked nice with all black trim but I have to say I was really tempted but opted for a V6s in silver with black pack I can live with that better on a daily basis. I prefer to be a little less in your face DDSK2016-06-07 12:02:31
V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

go and see a XFR-S

they are Ultra Blue

it is a flat colour
F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console
davyrobo

Post by davyrobo »

Hi, I was visiting my local dealer today and they had a BDE Ultra Blue in the showroom. I thought it looked amazing and on closer inspection it isn't a flat blue it has a bit of sparkle to hit when the light hits it. Definitely a lovely looking car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post