New Defender

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Love the new defender ... thoughts

all the best

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

I really like it! I'm in a very fortunate position, working for JLR means I'll be able to get one as a company car - which I will definitely do at the earliest possible opportunity!

Is it a Defender in my eyes? Not in any way other than name and some of the principles - but it was never going to be. But that's why I own a the "proper" ones and will have the "new" one as a company car and won't ever buy one.
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Saw the new Defender at Gaydon today. It's a great modern representation of the old one. Absolutely no mistaking what it is. I should think this is going to sell like hot cakes. The 90 in particular just looks cool.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

mickjaguar wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:33 pm Saw the new Defender at Gaydon today. It's a great modern representation of the old one. Absolutely no mistaking what it is. I should think this is going to sell like hot cakes. The 90 in particular just looks cool.
Hello ... that is exactly what I thought
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Yep, there's not many cars for me that make it to 'Ooh I like that' usually outside of those with telephone number price tags. In the flesh the new Defender just oozes personality. It hits the modern retro target just like the mini and the fiat 500 did, which should set it apart in the 4x4 segment.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Does it come also as a manual ? I only buy autoboxes, but with the clutch pedal gone I'll have a place to put my left foot,
since in the RR and RRS I can not sit. In the F-Pace, Velar, DS and D5 I do fit as I can use the vacant spot...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

From the reviews online, it looks like they are all auto's. I think the floor was flat so should be OK for 6 people (3 by 3) and their feet.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Definitely all auto!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I think the new defender is great from most angles, one or two still remind me a bit of a Skoda yeti. Interior is spot on, exposed cross car beam is a nice touch and the new infotainment system / pivi should be a huge step forward finally putting JLR within range of competitors (if it works as it should!)

As with most JLR products I think it’s significantly overpriced. Not many will keep it base spec, spec an XS on the configurator and you can be £95k+. Ignore the XS and a 110 is around £75k.

Regardless of price, they will definitely sell and should be a good run for JLR
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I quite like the boxiness of it but think it's way overpriced.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more