Advice on planning some drives in Scotland

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
steveh

Post by steveh »

Sound good to me too. 😀🏎
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.

Daflux

Post by Daflux »

Well this is looking promising for a convoy ;)
Daflux // 2014 'R' Coupe //
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

So, Glenshee road from Blairgowrie to Ballater to start off with... just to ease everyone in gently... LOL
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

To give everyone a quick shout with an update on this.

It's looking very promising (not confirmed completely yet) that I'll be heading up to do a road trip on the 26, 27, 28, 29, 30th of September. Route to follow. We will be starting in Aberdeen, heading over Glenshee and towards Oban most likely then heading up to jump on a chunk of the NC500. Getting back in Aberdeen on the 30th. I'll be around that following weekend as well, so Sammy if your about give me a shout, and anyone else whos up this way and wants to tag along for a day or two!

Route to follow when its confirmed... what this space!
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thanks Benji,

I'm only up there for a few of days, 28th, 29th, 30th.
Headed towards Loch Lommond, Glencoe and Fort William area!

I'll definitely be back to hit up the Caringorns at some stage though
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Daflux

Post by Daflux »

I live just by Loch Lomond so hit me up Wink
Daflux // 2014 'R' Coupe //
steveh

Post by steveh »

We will be around at that time so me too. 😀
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I'm a bit late to respond to the original post, and don't even have my F-type yet, but just wanted to add . . .

If you're heading in the general direction of Loch Lomond, it's worth a detour via Aberfoyle and over the Duke's Pass towards Kilmahog, where you can then turn left towards Crianlarich and make your way to Oban / Fort William from there. Means missing out Loch Lomond itself, but to be honest, the A82 and the road up the side of the Loch are not very interesting. A82 is dull and then the lochside road has poor surface in places (although new in other places) and frustratingly tight when you meet a lorry or coach going the other way!

So, if you take my advice and head to Aberfoyle, you can take the Duke's pass over towards Kilmahog, and experience one of the best roads in Scotland for showing how a sports car handles! Do it at a quiet time of the day so as not to be frustrated by slow people in front! It's a road you can enjoy at completely legal speeds - tight corners and hair pins, a rollercoaster of fun! Will show you just how well your f-type handles! Cool

Head out of Glasgow on the A81 rather than the A82. Go through Aberfoyle, turn right over the A821 (Duke's Pass), along past Brig O'Turk, turn left at Kilmahog onto the A84 and then onto the A85 towards Crianlarich.

D
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Great advice, thanks Dezzy.

@Steve / Daflux - great to know you'll be about! I'll definitely try and be in touch - I'm going with a buddy of mine from Canada who isnt much into cars haha so we'll have to see how lenient he is with meeting up for a bit of a noisy Jag run ;)

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Pity about the proposed dates. I'm committed to a trip to France that week.Unhappy

....trust me to be going in the opposite direction....lol..
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post