Window scratch on coupe

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Perfect - thanks once more
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Sorry to hear about your woes captain. Service should definitely be better than that!

If this point has been laboured somewhere else before apologies, but could someone point me in the right direction of this TOPIx/Bulletin thing? I can only find the Land Rover one, and a quick search didn't bring up much luck.
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

If it's any use. My experience with H.A. Fox Guildford on this issue has been good. I went in earlier this year and showed them the window scatch. They had a fair bit of faffing about getting the scratch to show up on a photo and had to drive the car into the workshop to minimise the reflections (I think the topix at the time merely said refer problem to Jaguar), took about half an hour for the visit. I was phoned within a couple of days to advise warranty replacement had been approved by Jaguar and parts had been ordered etc. A week or so later the car was collected from work (13 miles) repaired and returned washed and vaccumed. I'm booked in for the first service next week.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
captainham

Post by captainham »

Sorry to hear about your woes captain. Service should definitely be better than that!

If this point has been laboured somewhere else before apologies, but could someone point me in the right direction of this TOPIx/Bulletin thing? I can only find the Land Rover one, and a quick search didn't bring up much luck.

You mean the actual site, or just the bulletin for this particular issue?

The site itself is:

topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/index

Search for your model/year on the right hand side (although you need to register an account; free to register, but a paid subscription is required if you actually want to view/download a lot of it).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
captainham

Post by captainham »

If it's any use. My experience with H.A. Fox Guildford on this issue has been good.

Good to know indeed, thanks - will give them a punt next year, only a 30 min drive or so from me.

On a related note, I was just double-checking the dashcam footage from when they picked it up/dropped it back (ended up getting the car back same day as the new window seals are on back order, so need to book it back in whenever they arrive).

The guy who picked it up obviously hadn't driven one before, I've got him on film saying "Listen to that f**king engine!" whilst giving it some beans, plus later on a "Whooo!" after doing 90 in a 50...it was pouring with rain at the time! I think he was a fan of the car.
steveh

Post by steveh »

That's why I will always drop it off and pick it up myself!
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

That's why I will always drop it off and pick it up myself!
Steve.

+1
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Lol, yeah, I can understand.

In fairness, I'm fine with it, he didn't abuse the car (just the speed limits!) and I've done far more in it myself, so I'm relaxed about it.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Which dashcam do you have captain?

captainham

Post by captainham »

I'm a Blackvue fan, got one in both my cars. 600GW in one, 650 in the other.

Both installed by Blackvue too, very good service from them.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post