Window scratch on coupe

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

A guy at work had someone cut across the lanes on a roundabout and clout the front wing of his car, which is going to be difficult when it comes to proving fault. Makes me think a dashcam would be worth it, even if it just cuts out the hassle. Blackvue seem to be the only ones small enough to be invisible and fit nicely into an F type.

My car went in for its first service today with H.A. Fox collecting it from work again (window scratch previously). Both times it has been picked up by a retired gent (different ones), so no worries about it being ragged or crashed. Leaves a very favourable impression of the dealership. I don't think he'd delivered an F type before, as he mentioned how much attention the car seemed to get whilst he was driving it. What a great job to have!

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

captainham

Post by captainham »

On a related note, I was just double-checking the dashcam footage from when they picked it up/dropped it back (ended up getting the car back same day as the new window seals are on back order, so need to book it back in whenever they arrive).

The guy who picked it up obviously hadn't driven one before, I've got him on film saying "Listen to that f**king engine!" whilst giving it some beans, plus later on a "Whooo!" after doing 90 in a 50...it was pouring with rain at the time! I think he was a fan of the car.

I eventually decided to write a letter of complaint to the dealership management after a friend of mine said he'd want to know about it if he was the boss.

So I did just that and got a call from the branch boss today; the guy had already been sacked 3 weeks ago after another customer complained about similar behaviour in his car.

He was a temp apparently, with a view to going perm, but they dismissed him on the same day that they received the first complaint.

Can't say fairer than that I guess, and was good of the boss to call me personally; he was very apologetic.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Tel

Post by Tel »

Both times it has been picked up by a retired gent (different ones), so no worries about it being ragged or crashed.

You are very trusting Wink
I know plenty of retired folk that still drive like hooligans!

We were offered the same, but declined and accepted a full tank of juice if we drove it to the dealer ourselves for warranty work.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I can tell how my car has been driven easily. The journey tracker tells me where it's been and when, plus any change in the average mpg is a dead giveaway.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Tel

Post by Tel »

I can tell how my car has been driven easily. The journey tracker tells me where it's been and when, plus any change in the average mpg is a dead giveaway.

Are you using the Jag InControl app for tracking I wonder?

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
GNG

Post by GNG »

The app is awesome, I dropped my car at the airport car park a while back and checked the app the next day and it was showing as unlocked, I discovered that I was able to lock it remotely from another country!

I then had a mild panic about them leaving cars unlocked on purpose with the keys in to make it easier to move things around, and it going into sleep mode after 4 days. But it turns out you can wake it up again if needed!!GNG2016-11-10 19:14:29
captainham

Post by captainham »

But it turns out you can wake it up again if needed!!

I thought the only way to wake it up was either to start the car up (in person), or otherwise you can set a wake-up date via the app...but if it has already gone to sleep after 4 days, then you can only start it yourself from inside the car?
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
GNG

Post by GNG »

Yeah that's what I meant, if you set the wakeup date before the 4th day you're good to go. I think if you allow it to fall asleep first you've missed your chance.
NEXTLEVELUK

Post by NEXTLEVELUK »

Hi all new to the forum just picked up my R. I wasn’t aware of this issue until tonight and now I’ve been out and seen I have it on my glass but I haven’t bought my car from Jaguar so don’t have their warranty and wanted to know if anyone has been able to get it done when the vehicle has been out of warranty at all.

If not then what sort of quotes did you get

Thank you

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post