Window scratch on coupe

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

I know this topic has been covered before. I thought it was only on the convertible models, I have a scratch on driver side window on the outside which I don't think can be polished out. Anybody else had this on a coupe ? The car is just over a year old.
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.

East winger

Post by East winger »

If this is on the coupe, then it could be because the window needs to move down as the door is closed and move back up again. If the timing is wrong, it can cause damage.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
Daflux

Post by Daflux »

Yes, similar scratches visible on both of my windows on my coupe!
Daflux // 2014 'R' Coupe //
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I had a very deep scratch appear on the upper half of my coupe passenger window, after about 3 months. Dealer took some photos and referred to Jaguar. Replacement of the glass and window seal under warranty were approved the next day. No further scratches since.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Daflux

Post by Daflux »

Hmmm gonna have a better look at my windows in the morning when they sun's back up. I don't think mine are that noticeable yet though... I have noticed the rubber seal on the door shuts protrudes a bit oddly at the rear end of the doors though. Didn't think anything of it at first but now...
Daflux // 2014 'R' Coupe //
captainham

Post by captainham »

Noticed it on my coupe too, passenger window...thanks for reminding me, it's booked in for the 1st service next month and I'd forgotten about it so I'll ask them to look at it.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Arne

Post by Arne »

There is a bulletin on this issue and I also think there is a tread with more info in this forum.

My car has the same scratches on both side windows, and new seals and windows will be replaced early September (when the mechanic that I trust most and knows my car best is back from his holiday that starts today).

I had my car in for this work to be done a couple of weeks back, but the seals the dealer had received was the wrong ones (for the vert). They received new ones today, and we have just comfirmed that they are the correct ones.

The center vent will be fixed as well, as it does not drop down without me pushing it down manually.

Other than these small "glitches" that is well taken care of by the dealer, I could not be more satiesfied with the car!
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Good to hear that your dealer is looking after you. I do wonder though why Jaguar don't replace the seals before scratches appear on the glass as it would surely be less costly for them unless they are hoping that some owners just don't notice?

Scoobydoo
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

as said, known issue due to poor seal

jlr guidance to dealers is to polish glass if they can be polished out

if not, replace glass

F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console
Arne

Post by Arne »

Got the car back today after both seals and side windows replaced, and also the center vent fixed. The mechanic has done a great job, and everything looks just as good as new.
Alignment is perfect, not a scratch or mark anywhere, windows seems to open/close with ease, and even the center vent moves smooth and not "jerky" as it did before.
The car was also as clean and tidy inside and out, as it was when I delivered it.
It was parked at their large handicap parking space so there were lots of space to all other cars.
I was also told by the other persons in the workshop that the mechanic that did the work (unfortunately he had left when I picked up the car) had told everyone to stay away from the car til it was picked up (no touching, test-sitting, door opening etc).
I (and/or the car) felt very well taken care of, and the service has just been brilliant.

And I did not even buy the car from them....
I will drop of a bottle of wine to the mechanic one of the coming days
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post