Window scratch on coupe

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Fabulous service Arne, just how it should be and well worth a bottle to the Tech who showed such care and dedication. You are very fortunate to have such an excellent dealer as, sadly, they are not all like that here in the UK.

Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

http://www.ftypeownersclub.co.uk/forum/windown-scratches-on-convertibles_topic775_page1.html#.V9PefpMrIck is the other thread

Mine is going into the dealer in a couple of weeks to have a few little rattles sorted out, nothing major I just hear them on the motorway when I'm not flat out or music, but I've also noticed a couple of vertical scratches on each window, so hopefully I'll get the same treatment as most of you have - replaced, no argument!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Just finished washing the car again after some driving in various weather last two days. Noticed the lack of "water repellent" on the new windows, so I treated them with the Gtechniq water repellent stuff, and all is good.

New door windows are water tight (sprayed a lot of water arround the door/window seals to check), which I did expect, but good to know
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

Hi Arne
My coupe is going in to watford jaguar tomorrow to have the window seals done , I also have had the car done with the gtechniq coating Is it the same product they use on the paint and glass as I will have to have the glass redone ?
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.
Arne

Post by Arne »

It's a different product on the windows. You can apply that yourself. Does not last nearly as long as the crystal serum, but is very easy to do yourself.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
captainham

Post by captainham »

1st service completed, and I asked them to look at the passenger side window scratch; I specifically mentioned the bulletin about and gave them the reference number.

Just had a phone call: "Yep, it's definitely scratched, we won't be able to polish that out, do you want us to quote you for a replacement?"

Me: "No, I want you to replace it under warranty, and replace the window seals on both sides too, as per the bulletin. I even gave you the number of it."

Him: "Oh, is there a bulletin for it? Ok, let me go and speak to the service manager, I'll get back to you".

Outrageous, it shouldn't be up to me to tell them about this stuff, especially when they'd have happily taken my money to rectify it.

Once I get the car back (next week now, as they'll need to order the parts), I'll be raising a complaint.

Looks like I'll have to take it another dealer from now on, which is annoying as it will obviously be further away than this one, but that's pretty shocking behaviour in my opinion.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hmm thats no good

Would someone mind re posting the bulletin number? I logged into TOPIX but couldn't find the exact bulletin, but I know I've seen it before..

Which dealer are you dealing with?

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Sammy, it's JTB00502.

Only came out in June of this year, but still shouldn't be my job to tell them. I'm most annoyed at the prospect of them offering to quote me for replacement, out of my own pocket!

This is Guy Salmon Thames Ditton, will have to venture down to HA Fox in Guildford next year perhaps.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thanks!

Ah Guy Salmon was one of the dealers I looked at. In the end bought from Lancaster which just got bought out by Beadles. I'll find out how good (or not) they are in October when I take mine in for the window scratches!
captainham

Post by captainham »

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post