Nico Rosberg retires from F1

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Seems he has everything he set out to achieve and with a young family the time is right for him to exit stage left ...
Opportunity for someone to claim the hottest seat in F1 ... a young charger from the ranks, Ocon maybe, or will they try and charm an experienced Spaniard?
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Have to say I was surprised - and from what I have heard he wants to be around for his daughter and wife more than he would have been. Can't fault the man for putting family first; interesting that all of the "big" names seem locked into their current teams - Alonso was my first though too.
Megatron2016-12-02 17:06:14

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
Arne

Post by Arne »

Double post....Arne2016-12-02 17:31:21
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Arne

Post by Arne »

That took me by surprize too.

Regarding replacement, Ricciardo was my first thought.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
steveh

Post by steveh »

I thought about Ricciardo too, hope it's not Vettel. They would have to paint the car blue outside to match the inside!
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
MOz

Post by MOz »

Hope it's Verstappen personally. Lewis won't though.

As for Rosberg, he didn't deserve the title this year and I suspect part of his decision might have been based on the fact he was never going to be able to retain it.

I can't stand him, I won't miss him.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

I know, total shocker for me, never saw that coming (should have, but didn't). I agree he knew he couldn't do it again, and I also think he's just ready for a new stage of his life with a little less work and a little more life. Good on him, better than staying on and fading away.
Super intrigued to see who takes the slot, some of the younger drivers who locked in must be kicking themselves now.
steveh

Post by steveh »

I think it's a shame as he would have been a good ambassador for the sport, and he deserved the title as he got more points than anyone else. I also don't why he couldn't get another championship, but that's his decision so good luck to him. I always thought he came across as a gentleman but that's just my opinion.
Steve.
GNG

Post by GNG »

I'd like to see wehrlein get the seat personally. These young drivers in the real back teams tend to just come and go, it would make a nice change for one to step up.
steveh

Post by steveh »

Yes, that would be interesting.