New facelift model

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Having owned many sports cars I can say that none so far have had so many of the TATA India electrics problems .. Its not just electrics and I get a little Dismayed when I See things like replacement windows and seals being reported year on year and JLR seeming unwilling or unable to sort this out in production.
Hopefully 2018MY will have some of the issues amended in Production so this car can be enjoyed and driven and I don't end up getting Invites to the staff party at the dealership.LOL

Megatron

Post by Megatron »

No car is going to be immune or perfect, and will have problems electrical or otherwise. 997.1 RMS, M3 connecting rod bearings to name a few sports cars that have had issues.
Kind of narrows your field down a little, doesn't it?
Megatron2017-04-03 20:38:54

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
A400Seb

Post by A400Seb »

The VXR8 Bathurst S that I had went through the following in my period of ownership:

2 x Rear Main Seals
1 x Clutch
1 x Gearbox
1 x Air conditioning pulley and belt
1 x Exhaust Manifold

Now I know it was a "Vauxhall" but it wasn't really... the drivetrain was meant to be one of the most solid out there! This was in 18 months and 13,000 miles.

SebA400Seb2017-04-03 20:45:48
Delivered 1 Apr 17: F-Type R Coupe in Ultra Blue with Panoramic Roof, 20" Diamond Cut Gyrodyne Wheels, Black Pack, Climate Pack 2, Parking Pack and Meridian 770W
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

ddsk, you love bashing the F dont you lol
The problem with forums is you only hear the unhappy customers not the happy customers, also remember this was a brand new car and most of the problems albeit a pain in the arse are mostly teething problems.
Luckily i and quite few others havent had any problems what so everBig smile
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Man your dumb ...A NEW CAR where have you been the last 4 years ? get real .. pointing out real issues is not bashing .if you want to be an apologetic sympathiser for JLR ..good on you . people come on these forums for the truth from people with hands on experience not for sugar coated candy eaten with rose tinted specs.
with over 35 years of a wide and varied range of vehicle's under my hat I feel that I am has qualified as any to make a fair assessment and judgement of the f type with my hands on experience. People would probably be happier to come on here and get the good and the bad from owners and then I am sure they are big enough to make their own minds up
The F Type is still on my shopping list but I will wait and see how the 2018MY fairs ...Meantime I shall enjoy my New Roadster this SummerClap.

DDSK2017-04-09 02:02:50
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

I think most people come on these forums to enhance the ownership experience, share issues for advice, and to help out like minded people (because we all clearly have the same taste), rather than being called dumb or a sympathiser for not having the ownership experience you have had.

Don't presume you know what we think and don't think that because you've owned a few cars you can patronise people you know nothing about.

It's a shame your experience has been not a good one but unless I've misjudged this forum your attitude is the exception rather than the rule.

Oh and it's "you're".

You're welcome.Megatron2017-04-09 06:02:20

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

Well said.
MOz

Post by MOz »

I had a minor issue with my car this week. I had a major issue with the supplying dealer who was a snidey ferret of a liar. Those exepetiences are fully sorted and forgotten.

Do I care? No. The car is simply the best I've ever owned, heard and driven. I'll have to sell in the future as it represents all my cash and that will be a sad day.

The point is, special cars stir the soul so much, issues can be forgiven. Let's face it, JLR are replacing a members car he rejected on here but I haven't heard of any other episodes that serious (other I'm guessing, than yours). It must be very rare to have an issue that can't be sorted.

I had a 4.3BV TVR Griffith back in the day. Owned it a year and in that time it made the 300 mile trip back to the dealers on a flat bed 10 times to be sorted for niggles. It cost me nothing other than time away. Did I hate it? No, I loved that car.

Get my drift?MOz2017-04-09 06:54:11
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
steveh

Post by steveh »

I had a minor issue with my car this week. I had a major issue with the supplying dealer who was a snidey ferret of a liar. Those exepetiences are fully sorted and forgotten.

Do I care? No. The car is simply the best I've ever owned, heard and driven. I'll have to sell in the future as it represents all my cash and that will be a sad day.

The point is, special cars stir the soul so much, issues can be forgiven. Let's face it, JLR are replacing a members car he rejected on here but I haven't heard of any other episodes that serious (other I'm guessing, than yours). It must be very rare to have an issue that can't be sorted.

I had a 4.3BV TVR Griffith back in the day. Owned it a year and in that time it made the 300 mile trip back to the dealers on a flat bed 10 times to be sorted for niggles. It cost me nothing other than time away. Did I hate it? No, I loved that car.

Get my drift?

I had a Chimaera 4.3, owned for 9 years. No trouble at all apart from having to have the chassis replaced because of rust. It was 14 years old though, made a lovely noise!
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Man your dumb ...A NEW CAR where have you been the last 4 years ? get real .. pointing out real issues is not bashing .if you want to be an apologetic sympathiser for JLR ..good on you . people come on these forums for the truth from people with hands on experience not for sugar coated candy eaten with rose tinted specs.
with over 35 years of a wide and varied range of vehicle's under my hat I feel that I am has qualified as any to make a fair assessment and judgement of the f type with my hands on experience. People would probably be happier to come on here and get the good and the bad from owners and then I am sure they are big enough to make their own minds up
The F Type is still on my shopping list but I will wait and see how the 2018MY fairs ...Meantime I shall enjoy my New Roadster this SummerClap.

Well, are'nt you the dogs bollocks.
Next time i buy a car i'll make sure i come to you first seeing as you think you know everything.
You'll find just about everyone on this forum is on here cause we love our cars, almost regardless of its mainly small problems.
Yes some have had more trouble than others and we've all been there for them and felt there pain, oh and i have hands on experience with this car (nearly 3 years) and over 35 with many others but i'm obviously not as knowledgeable as you!!!
Dumb eh, you don't know the half of it lol
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...