Next Gen F Type..

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Interesting read..

https://www.jaguarmagazine.com/get-read ... utomobile/

"The next-generation F-Type, due for 2020, is the last of the new Jaguar cars on the immediate horizon. The coupe/roadster twins will grow in size to deliver more cabin space and will introduce new infotainment and connectivity features."

Thats about the time I may be looking for an upgrade... purrrfect ;)

Hey, great new forums btw!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

In terms of the F Type I guess 2020 fits in with the 8 year cycle of replacement models.
I might be able to afford a second hand 400 (with the extra leg room) by then :lol:
Arne

Post by Arne »

Next gen F-type could go Mid-Engine:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/11/28/ ... e-7736556/
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Let me think......bigger.......mid engined..........hmmmm. Hope it's something like this.

CX75 pic.jpg

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

mickjaguar wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:37 am Let me think......bigger.......mid engined..........hmmmm. Hope it's something like this.

CX75 pic.jpg

Yes...I do hope they eventually do something with that design. It's totally stunning. My kind of supercar aesthetic and very Jaguar...Yum..
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

"The coupe/roadster twins will grow in size" ... why? Why does every manufacturer feel the need to make every new model bigger than the last version. Its getting bl**dy ridiculous ... only yesterday I was in the middle of 3 lanes at a set of lights. I was sat in my C-Class estate. On one side a Mini, the other some Hyundai thing aimed at the same Fiesta based market as the Mini, yet both cars were taller than my Merc and almost as long!

We all love our F-type and if we wanted a larger version then we'd go buy an XKR or wait for Jaguar to launch a shooting brake version of the F-type ... If the F-type gets bigger next time around then I hope they bring out a 'smaller' sports model to replace todays car ... I don't want bigger, I want lighter, more efficient, more good looks ... I may be moving into middle age but I don't want my Jaguar to do the same ... Mr Cullum, over to you Sir ...

As for the blue model shown above, that was at the Excel Centre a couple of months back ... carbon work was amazing high quality, car looked absolutely stunning in the metal, I really hope they make it ... time for a halo car!
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Senninha wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 pm "The coupe/roadster twins will grow in size" ... why? Why does every manufacturer feel the need to make every new model bigger than the last version. Its getting bl**dy ridiculous ... only yesterday I was in the middle of 3 lanes at a set of lights. I was sat in my C-Class estate. On one side a Mini, the other some Hyundai thing aimed at the same Fiesta based market as the Mini, yet both cars were taller than my Merc and almost as long!

We all love our F-type and if we wanted a larger version then we'd go buy an XKR or wait for Jaguar to launch a shooting brake version of the F-type ... If the F-type gets bigger next time around then I hope they bring out a 'smaller' sports model to replace todays car ... I don't want bigger, I want lighter, more efficient, more good looks ... I may be moving into middle age but I don't want my Jaguar to do the same ... Mr Cullum, over to you Sir ...

As for the blue model shown above, that was at the Excel Centre a couple of months back ... carbon work was amazing high quality, car looked absolutely stunning in the metal, I really hope they make it ... time for a halo car!

I totally agree !
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post